Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to back can't believe I heard this at the gun counter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So me and the wife running errands doing random shopping. First stop was academy to get her hunting license. While she was in line to get her license printed I went over to the ammo section to look at what they had. Fella behind the counter was telling a customer if he wants to shoot fast with a shot gun he should not look at over unders but look at bolt actions. Again said fella behind the counter said he was very fast with bolt action compared to an over under.
    About 2 hours later at another gun store I over heard a gentleman ask for an over under. Guy behind the counter asks if he wanted a left or right handed gun. Figured this was gonna be like left handed wrench talk. But to my amazement the guy behind the counter goes off and says shotguns are hand specific by the angle of the stock. As I was walking away to laugh he got to telling same customer that hollow points fragment right when they leave the barrel of a gun and they shouldn't be used for anything but self defense.
    It's been an interesting day to say the least!

Really.

Comment

Originally posted by ar3731guy View Post
      So me and the wife running errands doing random shopping. First stop was academy to get her hunting license. While she was in line to get her license printed I went over to the ammo section to look at what they had. Fella behind the counter was telling a customer if he wants to shoot fast with a shot gun he should not look at over unders but look at bolt actions. Again said fella behind the counter said he was very fast with bolt action compared to an over under.
      About 2 hours later at another gun store I over heard a gentleman ask for an over under. Guy behind the counter asks if he wanted a left or right handed gun. Figured this was gonna be like left handed wrench talk. But to my amazement the guy behind the counter goes off and says shotguns are hand specific by the angle of the stock. As I was walking away to laugh he got to telling same customer that hollow points fragment right when they leave the barrel of a gun and they shouldn't be used for anything but self defense.
      It's been an interesting day to say the least!

Umm he's right............

Comment

Whaaaat?

Comment

I believe they do make hand specific O/U.

Comment

Cast on....cast off.....

Comment

Some of the higher end O/U can be left or right handed I believe

I think it might be more for clays/trap models but I could be wrong

Comment

Who still makes a bolt action scattergun?

did you see how much the henweighs were?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Who still makes a bolt action scattergun?

did you see how much the henweighs were?
                  Browning makes a bolt

That's all I know of

Comment

I am right handed and shoot rifles and shotguns left handed. Several years ago I was looking for an O/U shotgun. After researching and talking to some friends, who shoot alot, I was told to select a straight stock shotgun. Most good O/U's have a cant to the stock, favoring right handed shooters. So basically, the salesman was correct on this one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhill313 View Post
                      HA!! X2!!

I guess most people don't know the ins and outs of shotguns. An O/U can be right or left handed. I don't shoot at that level, but understand how important it is for the head to remain motionless when shouldering a shotgun....and customization is paramount.

Comment

Browning A-bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by ar3731guy View Post
                          About 2 hours later at another gun store I over heard a gentleman ask for an over under. Guy behind the counter asks if he wanted a left or right handed gun. Figured this was gonna be like left handed wrench talk. But to my amazement the guy behind the counter goes off and says shotguns are hand specific by the angle of the stock.
                          Originally posted by Jhill313 View Post
                          Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Cast on....cast off.....

Yup he is right....I hate it when I call somebody out and they are right...

Last edited by Smart; 08-31-2014, 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Y'all really wanna hv some fun. Just stand by the Archery counter at Academy or Gander Mountain.

Comment

Yes, there are some very accurate slug guns in bolt action. As far as cast on stocks, it's not only the high end ones. My grandson's Super Nova came with tapered spacers to cast the stock. I'm sure some of you own these.
                              Mr Sid

Comment

Working...
                              X