X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cant fix stupid even if you tried!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      murder all the goldfish.... all of them.... and send them to her....

Horsehead in the bed kind of message....

Comment

My suggestion would be to ask her why cruelty to Goldfish is more important than working with the youth at your church.

You probably could've cussed a blue streak in front of them, and wouldn't have heard a peep from her I reckon. Sad state of affairs these days!

Comment

Invite her to partake in your "specialty"...Goldfish and Tuna sandwiches topped with Chipotle Mayo..yumm! Must be from Californy!

Comment

and says "How would you like it I stuck your head in a bucket and didn't let you breathe for a minute then let you back up?"

Should have went something like this...

Her: and "How would you like it I stuck your head in a bucket and ..."

Me: click

Comment

tell her that the pet store was all out of rubber chickens......

When she shows up, have your calendar of events open, pen in hand, and ask which of the events she would be hosting at her house. The choices are "Greased Pig Races", "Descenting Skunk Sprayed Cats"....................she should be gone by now.

Comment

Invite her to your office. Offer an apology for any offense to her sensibilities. Explain how you were trying to demonstrate being 'fishers of men' to the youth. Invite her to attend/participate in future events so she can assist and offer her advice ahead of time.
                The 'ministry' is no place to try to win arguments or show someone how ridiculous their position is.
                Be humble. Keep having fun with the kids and be prepared to apologize to future 'nut cases'.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                  I'd tell her to go pound sand.
                  ^^

Comment

I'd tell her to kick rocks.

Comment

Jesus was cruel to some fish in order to feed the multitudes. Did she get angry with him too?

Comment

Good grief! There are nuts everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                          Invite her to your office. Offer an apology for any offense to her sensibilities. Explain how you were trying to demonstrate being 'fishers of men' to the youth. Invite her to attend/participate in future events so she can assist and offer her advice ahead of time.
                          The 'ministry' is no place to try to win arguments or show someone how ridiculous their position is.
                          Be humble. Keep having fun with the kids and be prepared to apologize to future 'nut cases'.
                          This is truely the best answer for this particular scenario. Although I would like to see her face if you ate a live goldfish in front of her.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                            Agree with above.

You have to realize, the real issue is not the fish that hit the ground for a short amount of time. And the issue isn't you or anything you did. The real issue is with her and her misguided placement if what is important.

Oh, and thanks for taking some time with some kids!

Comment

Take her troutlining

Comment

So She called and I said "Ma'am I am sorry for dropping these fish on their heads. Next time I will use a blanket under the pools. But you must know I am a country boy from Ohio. I love the farm, the woods, the fields, and the water. Animals are used for entertainment. We ride, we chase, catch, eat, and bait hooks. This is how I teach my kids in my home and in my youth group about God, respect, responsibility, obeying the law, and loving what God has made for us. And if 3 goldfish died for 52 teens hear about God, His love for us and His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ, I know he is ok with it!" She agreed and was polite and we ended the call. All in a days work as a Church Staff Member! No one day is the same!

Comment

Working...
                                X