Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Spent the day flying- pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the day flying- pic heavy

My “former boss” just worked my last ER shift with him this week, he was taking his CFI written exam so I flew from the ranch to the regional airport and we went to eat after his exams. Then I took him up in the Cub and flew around our ranch and back to the airport. Then we both departed, me in the Cub and him in the Cessna 172- basically as a flight of two and we flew together to the ranch where I descended to land and he climbed out to return to Midland. Got some cool pics. Had a difficult cross wind landing in the Cub with gusts in the upper 20kts. I’m going to try and catch up with him, currently working on my IFR, then commercial and am applying for my AME this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My uncle retired from Beechcraft. He was an engineer designing seats. He had his choice from the flight line, usually a Bonanza. Came down 3-4 times a year.

Best time in my life, around 1975, he took me up from Spinks. After his preflight, he told me to grab the wheel... I was terrified, till we got off the ground. He let me fly to lake Whitney, and took over.

I love flying small aircraft. Wish I would have followed my dream and got my license, could be retired by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      My uncle retired from Beechcraft. He was an engineer designing seats. He had his choice from the flight line, usually a Bonanza. Came down 3-4 times a year.

Best time in my life, around 1975, he took me up from Spinks. After his preflight, he told me to grab the wheel... I was terrified, till we got off the ground. He let me fly to lake Whitney, and took over.

I love flying small aircraft. Wish I would have followed my dream and got my license, could be retired by now.
      I always wished I would have flown commercial or military every time I saw the AF or Navy in San Angelo in their awesome trainers getting the government to pay for fuel instead of them paying out of pocket like all of us private pilots.

I still may have a chance to do a little small time commercial gigs after I get the ratings and even fly as rated with the Army once I complete the flight surgeon's course.

Comment

I love riding in little planes!

Comment

Awesome, my dad built a kitfox, we have a ball in that thing. It's awesome to be able to jump in the plane and go look at what you want, when you want.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            I love riding in little planes!
            You're the only person that I've taken flying who's actually vomited. You were eating grape popsicles before we flew hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
              You're the only person that I've taken flying who's actually vomited. You were eating grape popsicles before we flew hahahaha

Long time family interest in aviation on my dad's side. His dad was a barnstormer and stunt man. Worked for the army for a few. Had two flight schools, one of which he contracted with Delta when they were a crop dusting company. Delta had gotten a contract to teach LSU students how to fly before going after the Japanese. And Granddaddy retired with AA as in instructor in mid 1950s. My Pop took lessons. But never got his license. I went up with him and his instructor a few times back then.He did work in defense industry, mostly aviation (of one type or another), for 30 something years. I've been building parts for the last 20. Had an interest growing up. Even planned to get my glider's license as a teen. But lost it when I discovered girls.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-28-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Nothin better

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

I remember him and when you got to go up with special times for sure.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

All good stories being posted.

Has anybody seen the documentary ONE SIX RIGHT?

If you're a pilot or dream of flying, you can't live without seeing this.

Comment

Working...
                    X