Son looking for a Trade (Job)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son looking for a Trade (Job)

Son graduated this year and has decided he would like to learn a trade. He is open to learning industrial HVAC, electrical, or any other trade. He worked last summer for a fence company and will bust his tail everyday. If you know of a place in the DFW area looking for reliable help while teaching a trade please PM me.

Send him to TSTC in Waco to learn one and get certified.

Comment

Might looking it to being a lineman .

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
        Send him to TSTC in Waco to learn one and get certified.

Just had this conversation with a buddy today about his son. Don’t forget a trade could be anything from electrical, hvac or even cooking. Have him find a job he would enjoy and get the cert. Then he can go anywhere.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

IBEW Local 69, (214) 821-4700 Local 69, IBEW Local 20 Grand Prairie, (972) 263-1122

Union Electrical Trade... I bet they are interviewing for Electrical Apprentices now.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I went through the IEC electrical apprenticeship program. 4 years of school with a class once a week and guaranteed raise every six months of school. Worked out well for me but I went to the Austin branch, sure the Dallas branch isn't much different.

Comment

Wind turbine technician, he can start from the bottom by getting hired by a contractor. Move his way up and become a travel tech or site guy for owner or manufacture. They have college classes as well, it’ll help. They usually have jobs lined up as soon as they graduate.

Comment

Good for him! Get after it and get going.

Comment

HVAC is always great to be in living in Texas. This is our busy season so I'm not sure you will be able to find someone to hire and teach a whole lot right now, but you never know. I'll check with some of my contractors and see if they would be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by CityLimtRedneck View Post
                        I went through the IEC electrical apprenticeship program. 4 years of school with a class once a week and guaranteed raise every six months of school. Worked out well for me but I went to the Austin branch, sure the Dallas branch isn't much different.
                        Yep same here. I went to the Ft. Worth branch.

Comment

Originally posted by OLIVER65 View Post
                          Son graduated this year and has decided he would like to learn a trade. He is open to learning industrial HVAC, electrical, or any other trade. He worked last summer for a fence company and will bust his tail everyday. If you know of a place in the DFW area looking for reliable help while teaching a trade please PM me.

Forget the trade license and get the inspector certs and licenses good money and not as hard on the body.

Comment

I have my HVAC universal and will always be able to find a work of my current situation ends. I started out as an apprentice electrician but ended going the other route bc it was faster and easier. I’d personally recommend him going apprentice electrician and possibly adding the HVAC cert down the road. And don’t go Union. Waste of time and money!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              Might looking it to being a lineman .
                              This would be a good career.

Comment

Working...
                              X