Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Srt

how many srt memers are here?

Former SRT4 owner here. The original model, from 2003. I almost got into a LOT of trouble with that car!!

Comment

sons of the republic of texas

Comment

Not all acronyms have only one meaning .

Comment

Is that a person who makes memes about SRT members or owners?

Comment

Post started at 0344 this morning, just saying. Sounds like on the backside of a bottle of TX to me.

Comment

well ok im a son of the repulic of texas i was thinking there may be more of us here

Comment

I am. Although I havent made it to Post Oak Grill in a while.

Comment

Have the paperwork and need to fill out and submit. Been procrastinating for a while.

Who are the qualifying members of your family you descended from and what area?
                  Last edited by diamond10x; 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

get it done diamond, any of yalls family famous texans?
                    my oldest grandfather was sam houstons dr for abit,my oldest grandmother was samhoustons tea drinking buddy in san augustine , she was also the 1st person to buy a lot on the town square, my second to the oldest grandfather was at gettysburg as well as my gggg uncle his brother he stole 3 cannons from the yanks the night before the battle, he went on to write texas criminal law and to be the only native texan to sign the declaration of texas 1860 i think it was when it was revised?i really like texas history please share any stories

Comment

My great grandfather met General Custer at Ft. Reno OK 3 or 4 years before he was killed at Little Big Horn. He later bought 144 acres of what is essentially 45N and Airline area and had a dairy farm.

We have a torn out article from a Houston paper with picture on it where he was interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                        get it done diamond, any of yalls family famous texans?
                        my oldest grandfather was sam houstons dr for abit,my oldest grandmother was samhoustons tea drinking buddy in san augustine , she was also the 1st person to buy a lot on the town square, my second to the oldest grandfather was at gettysburg as well as my gggg uncle his brother he stole 3 cannons from the yanks the night before the battle, he went on to write texas criminal law and to be the only native texan to sign the declaration of texas 1860 i think it was when it was revised?i really like texas history please share any stories
                        Really cool, I love history and Texas history especially.

My ggggg grandfather came in 1836 from England. Always heard Family stories growing up that were passed down from generation to find out it was all true and not just tales. Here’s the link to the historical marker put in place a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          Have the paperwork and need to fill out and submit. Been procrastinating for a while.
                          Most of the members are very willing to help you with the paperwork side of things.

Click on the above link. Then click on "list of ancestors", if you can link to somebody on that list it isnt that hard from there.

This is my gggggg grandfather.

Ammon, the son of a Revolutionary War veteran, grew up on his father's farm in Dracut. In 1834, "for no other reason except to gratify a wild and rambling notion,"9 he left his family and friends in Massachusetts and headed for Texas, then the state of Coahuila and Texas in the Republic of Mexico. From the moment he left home until early in 1838, he recorded his thoughts and observations of the "beautifull, but, wild and uncultivated country" that would be his home for more than half a century. There on the west bank of the Brazos River, living under four flags and seven governments in times of peace and prosperity as well as war and uncertainty, Ammon secured his place in history as a prominent businessman, plantation owner, Texas revolutionary soldier, and Texas legislator.

Comment

Working...
                          X