No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That dude is an absolute unit, looks great on the wall! Congrats!

Comment

Pulled this thread up after losing it for a couple years, and read through it all from the beginning (took about a week and a half off and on). Still just as informative and interesting as ever. I am going to try to no till this upcoming spring with cowpeas and either alyceclover or vetch and maybe okra. Did my first no till a couple weeks ago and hoping it goes well for this season. Good luck this season!

Comment

Thats a really nice buck !!

Comment

Well it looks like a hurricane will finally miss Rusty. Hope all us well.

Comment

I'll say it one more time...WHAT A CRAZY YEAR!!! For all the aforementioned reasons plus a couple more that have surprised me, life on the farm has had to adapt to a current reality that added a lot more than normal to deal with. I'm getting the rifle out of the safe today and charging the camera for the first time in months. While I haven't found a buck I think I'm going to hunt this year there are a few worthy of video...like this one. Interestingly 2 years ago he had double forked 2's and a drop. I think he's 6 and will get a pass hoping he will repeat the non typical characteristics as he ages.On another note I think the giant non typical from last year died. Not a single pic or sighting of him all year.

All the plots are in and looking great though no chance of filming the process. Moving forward with Dr. Williams from Understanding Ag and as excited as ever about that project.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update and good luck this year!

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

What a buck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rusty, you wouldn’t happen to have another 170” 6pt by any chance? [emoji6]

Comment

This is very interesting. I love it

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
                        Rusty, you wouldn’t happen to have another 170” 6pt by any chance? [emoji6]
                        LOL, They are kinda hard to come by. That may be a one time event.

Finally able to get out and look around a bit. Seeing some nice bucks and getting a little video

Comment

Just watched your latest YT upload. Good stuff!

Comment

Holy mother of all 6 points! WOW!

Comment

Been a challenging year, but here is a short clip from the first day I was able to get out.

Comment

Anything exciting happening down there!

Comment

Working...
                                X