No announcement yet.

Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of s kind for sure! Love your vision!

Comment

Very good

Comment

That looks fantastic, cant wait to see how it comes out.

Comment

How's progress going?

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. I wanted show the little bit of progress we made this hunting season on the cabin.

Last year I did not hunt the place at all; so this year I thought that I would at least get some hunting done. I had a pretty nice 10 point coming to the feeder so I wanted to try to harvest him. I installed anew tripod blind in the trees behind my feeder about 10yrds from the feed pen. I hunted a few times but he did not come out Saw lots of deer, does and young 8's mostly. I did end up harvesting a spike for meat with my bow at 15yrds.

Now back to the build. Rain this year has been crazy. Every weekend we planned to work it rained. On the weekend of Oct 20 we braved the flooding in the area and started working on getting the roof rafters completed. My brother in law came with us to help out, and it turns out he is a pretty good welder and was not afraid to climb around the open cathedral ceilings of the cabin to weld. We do have a very tall ladder that would reach, but constantly moving that ladder around proved to be inefficient. We managed to get all the main cabin roof rafters in place before the rain came that weekend. While the rain came pouring down we decided to start clearing out the cedar around the cabin, for the yard. We cut out what had to be 300 cedar bushes and burned.

What we had left at that point was to paint the entire structure, & install the roof rafters over the front porch. After that we can begin putting on the roof, installing the Deck and skinning the sides.
            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome read! Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

great build...keep them coming.

Comment

Never get tired of seeing how this progresses.

Comment

Waiting for updates!

Comment

Wow, looking good. Love Rocksprings. My son volunteers at Camp Eagle for the past 2 summers and will be back this year. Always thought it would be a cool area to have a place, but too far from Dallas for a getaway spot.

Comment

Last weekend we went out to get what we had done to date painted. While I was out there I installed the water line that will go from the back of the cabin to the bathroom.

We will be using a Tote to supply water into the cabin for the kitchen Sink and to the bathroom for the hot shower and sink in there. I also installed a hose bib at the front of the cabin for a water hose of the front yard/ fire pit area. The water will be gravity fed from the tote to the Bathhouse, with an RV pump inside the bathroom sink to provided the needed water pressure to the shower and faucet. The same will be true in the kitchen for that sink. I purposely placed the hose bib at the lowest point in the supply line to drain the pipe while we are not there or during a hard freeze. The bottom of the tote will be about 6" above grade, so the water pumps will not need to be primed. Grey water will be funneled out into the pasture below the front of the house. I will install a water catchment system on the roof for water supply, but I also have access to well water less than a mile away that I can easily fill up the supply tote anytime needed.

Next step will be to install and paint the roof rafters on the front porch, and install the Deck (2x6's treated). I hope to get that completed by Feb 2019.

My goal is to the have the cabin dried in and ready to finish out the inside by Summer......... hopefully no delays set me back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                          Last weekend we went out to get what we had done to date painted. While I was out there I installed the water line that will go from the back of the cabin to the bathroom.

We will be using a Tote to supply water into the cabin for the kitchen Sink and to the bathroom for the hot shower and sink in there. I also installed a hose bib at the front of the cabin for a water hose of the front yard/ fire pit area. The water will be gravity fed from the tote to the Bathhouse, with an RV pump inside the bathroom sink to provided the needed water pressure to the shower and faucet. The same will be true in the kitchen for that sink. I purposely placed the hose bib at the lowest point in the supply line to drain the pipe while we are not there or during a hard freeze. The bottom of the tote will be about 6" above grade, so the water pumps will not need to be primed. Grey water will be funneled out into the pasture below the front of the house. I will install a water catchment system on the roof for water supply, but I also have access to well water less than a mile away that I can easily fill up the supply tote anytime needed.

Next step will be to install and paint the roof rafters on the front porch, and install the Deck (2x6's treated). I hope to get that completed by Feb 2019.

My goal is to the have the cabin dried in and ready to finish out the inside by Summer......... hopefully no delays set me back.

Looking good bud....

Comment

In! Nice work so far!

Comment

awesome

Comment

Nice work. I like it��

Comment

Working...
                                X