2018 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
    Me and a buddy are about to head out to some public land to try to kill some bacon. We're running late but we decided to go and see what we could find.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    Have fun!

Comment

I'm gonna join y'all for a bit. Pig came in last night right after my son and I had been making all kinds of noise at the box. We just got back to the house and I'm headed back.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
        Me and a buddy are about to head out to some public land to try to kill some bacon. We're running late but we decided to go and see what we could find.

Mayse?

Comment

Well sorry for my poor "live hunts" but my buddy ended up shooting a nice boar, probaby about 120 lbs.He shot him head on and the blood trail was pretty good for a while but dried out soon so we were looking for him for quite a while but we found him.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            Mayse?
            Yessir.

Comment

Good luck Muskles!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Congrats to your buddy db!

Comment

Nothing here. I saw my cousin head out on their pig killing buggy. Heard a shot, but it sounded like they shot into water. Probably a beaver.

Comment

Well... heard a bunch of rustling in the bushes. Finally had an armydiller come out less than 5 yards from the box. Couldn't get a shot, so I went outside the box and shot him at about 10 yards. Watched him run off with almost $40 worth of arrow. No blood trail, but I thought I could see a slight glow through all of this. more than waist high swamp weeds full of blood thirsty walla moskins. Went back to the house and got the side by side, better light, and a snake beating stick. I'm not afraid of snakes, but I'm not interested in getting bit either! Found a pig trail that lead to the glow. Beat through the berry vines and found the nock end of my arrow. The broadhead was buried under a log. I didn't bother digging under the log, but the blood and, what looks to be lung matter, looks promising. I usually leave these guys alone, but over the past couple years, they've caused serious damage to my yard and land so they gotta go!

Comment

Congrats on the mini-pig![emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          Nothing here. I saw my cousin head out on their pig killing buggy. Heard a shot, but it sounded like they shot into water. Probably a beaver.

Talked to my cousin the following day. It wasn't a beaver he shot less than 200 yards from where I was sitting! I've had him on my cameras a few times.

Comment

Congrats to your cousin. Thats a nice hog.

Comment

Yeah, he and his son are pig killin dudes. They ride around on an electric buggy with a red light bar. I know he has some thermal stuff, but I'm not sure if that's what is mounted on that rifle

Comment

Now that the fields are empty pigs are basically gone again at my place.Haven't had any pigs on camera the last couple of weeks but there is a little sign here and there but they just pass through occasionally.Will be mainly focused on deer through the season and then I'll probably chase them on public land till next summer unless they move back in.

Comment

Working...
                                X