Which pistol caliber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9mm for me.
    If it ever comes to a lawyer asking questions about why I shot that round.... If I'm shooting what the FBI tested and chose, it would sure make answering those questions that much easier.

Comment

9mm here. Ammo is so cheap. Get a case of 1000 for $180 shipped to my front door every other month.

Comment

45. worked good enough for our boys in WWII and still works great today throwing cannon balls

Comment

With bullet technology today the 9mm and the .40 are very simular in down range performance on gel. I have plenty of both and confident in both. It comes down to finding what gun feels best in your hand and keep that whether it be a 9 or 40.

Comment

9mm

Comment

I prefer the 9 over the .40. Too much hand shock with the 40 to shoot over and over...just too snappy for my taste. Now if you had said 9mm vs .45 it would've been a totally different answer

Comment

I shoot my 40 as fast and more accurate than all my buddies shoot thier 9s.
                Maybe I would want a 9 in a compact.
                I have killed hogs n other critters with my xd.
                The Underwood 155 xtp is very effective.

Comment

I carry a 9 with the Barnes Tac bullets. I shot a pig with them and was very impressed. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                    I shoot my 40 as fast and more accurate than all my buddies shoot thier 9s.
                    Maybe I would want a 9 in a compact.
                    I have killed hogs n other critters with my xd.
                    The Underwood 155 xtp is very effective.
                    Why do you have limp wristed buddies?

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                      9mm here. Ammo is so cheap. Get a case of 1000 for $180 shipped to my front door every other month.
                      IMO, cost is the only reason to go 9mm. Everything else is personal preference. I like the .40 and up calibers and don't find any of them hard to shoot, but then I bought my first handgun ever fifty-some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                        From where?

Comment

40, easy to shoot, comes in small frame guns like a 9. Capacity close to 9, but much more available power when needed. I use a book 40 load that does 440 FPE out of a 3 inch gun, that is more than a 9s do out of 5 inch guns. Out of a 5 inch guns, it does 600 fpe. With the FBI model, 9, 40, and 45, are about the same in their results because they are designed to meet a specific goal. Whn you decide to do something not in line with that goal, (hunting, max penetration, wfn leads, high energy loads, etc.) the 40 really starts to shine. You can always load a 40 down to 9, but you cant load a 9 to 40 power, case capacity and bullet weight just don't allow it. However if a 9 will probable serve you well too. Good luck

Comment

I went to 9mm. I buy it in bulk. Its cheaper to shoot so I can practice more. Its also a great round. I do have one .40 and one .45 but barley shoot them.

Comment

460 rowland

Comment

9mm or 45 for me in a 1911 or 2011 frame. Shot deer and pigs with a 9mm and it worked ok. 45 is a better choice at the ranch.

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

I am so ready for pig season this year. Upgraded my 9mm
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X