No announcement yet.

Canton Trades days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup Ochoas is way better! Robles has good breakfast though.

Comment

If you want a nice layed back place to take your wife to dinner go to Easleys Steak Co off of 243!!!!

I would stay away from Dairy Palace.

Comment

We are headed there after we get the kids on the bus in the morning. Will be staying at the Log Cabin RV park.
        As for hitting up the archery range, I would love it my wife doesn't shoot (yet at least).

Mexican at Ocho's like the place to eat.

Thanks for all the ideas. Maybe We can go a impromptu meet up there

Comment

Glad to hear you are not staying "on the Mountain"... Made that mistake once. It's like a village full of Carnies...

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
            Glad to hear you are not staying "on the Mountain"... Made that mistake once. It's like a village full of Carnies...
            Like walking onto the set of Deliverance.

Plus, The Mountain has the annoying habit of catching on fire. Twice in three years. No hydrants, tiny little alleys that fire apparatus cannot get through. ...and they keep rebuilding it. Apparently they're in a fire-code free zone.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
              Like walking onto the set of Deliverance.
              Exactly....

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                If you want a nice layed back place to take your wife to dinner go to Easleys Steak Co off of 243!!!!

I would stay away from Dairy Palace.
                Easley's is the place to go! Great steaks and meat market!

Comment

If you haven't gone to dog town you haven't truly experienced First Monday. You gotta go to dog town. It's an experience into itself.

Comment

Ochoa's is gone!! Robles moved in their building. Saw it Tuesday when I drove thru there. Robles was second best IMO.

Comment

Okay - there is a place on the corner with all the metal work, and next to dog town or alley or whatever you call it.

What is the name of that place?

Comment

There is a little Dinner called Buttermilks in the towns square. 100 W Dallas St, Canton, TX 75103. I Really like there chicken fried stake.

Comment

I like the Dairy Palace, great hamburgers and really good service. Other than that, there are hundreds of venders serving up several foods. You won't go hungry.

Those carts are not a very good way to see things, there will always be hundreds of folks blocking you all day long. If you aren't handicapped, just walk. You will thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                            I like the Dairy Palace, great hamburgers and really good service. Other than that, there are hundreds of venders serving up several foods. You won't go hungry.

Those carts are not a very good way to see things, there will always be hundreds of folks blocking you all day long. If you aren't handicapped, just walk. You will thank me later.
                            this ^^^ if you get in a crowd you will not like being on a cart. But if you need one that's cool.

Food - I like DP, but mostly go for corny dogs, lemonade, pecan candy things,

Stuff - i like the junk areas out in the open for sure like many of you. There is an arbor on northeast side of the place kind of by itself that's worth going through it's shaped like an L.

If you go to the mountains go to GANNY'S PIE SHOP...she also has a store in Winnsboro. Her pies are yum IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              Ochoa's is gone!! Robles moved in their building. Saw it Tuesday when I drove thru there. Robles was second best IMO.
                              Ochoa's moved into a new place. Not as "rustic" but the a/c doesn't drip on you while you eat! Go to the next block west of the old Ochoa's and look obn the opposite side of the road (north). It's in a wood-faced building that faces east. Same folks. Same great food.

Comment

Originally posted by day1986 View Post
                                There is a little Dinner called Buttermilks in the towns square. 100 W Dallas St, Canton, TX 75103. I Really like there chicken fried stake.

Love me some good CFS. I'll wait until the First Monday touristas are gone and try it next week when I'm off. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X