No announcement yet.

I'm Excited 77 K5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea how to get these fuses out without breaking the glass....yea showing my age but this thing was in 1st grade when I was born.

Got the A/C heater mostly ripped out. the AC was toast, a packrat moved in some time in the past and ruined any hopes of the AC.

Got new shocks on the back, putting helper leafs in the front along with new shocks.

just have to figure out how to mount up my hydraulics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Reminds me of my 81 in college. I think yours is in better condition!. Did be able to side a knife blade beside the glass fuse and gently pry it out. Go slow, those things haven't moved in a long time

Comment

Are you doing sideline work as a plow driver now?

Comment

there is a plastic tool that wraps around the glass to get the fuzes out easier, but you can also use a small flathead screwdriver and pop them out one side at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
            Are you doing sideline work as a plow driver now?
            haha just enough to get out of our driveway and neighborhood. we moved to a pretty rural location so it takes a while for the county to get to us. they hit the main roads at the front of the neighborhood, but not ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
              Reminds me of my 81 in college. I think yours is in better condition!. Did be able to side a knife blade beside the glass fuse and gently pry it out. Go slow, those things haven't moved in a long time
              yea they are stuck pretty good. don't think I need to remove many. if any, since I found out the a/c heater is toast.

hows the house coming? or dirt work ha

Comment

You should be able to get some parts to fix it from the coloradok5 guys. Been aloooong time since I was on that site.

God they are there framing the slab today

Comment

yea I have seen that site but haven't spent any time on it yet.

Comment

Finally got the plow on, have to hook up hydraulics and install the light bar which came in today.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

COOL.!!

Had a 79 for several years fun toys to mess with. Good idea to rhino or rubber mat the inside.

LMC has a bunch of stuff for them as well.

Warning though. Those back glasses can be a frustrating PIA. I got to where i could have mine out and back in in about 15 mins.

The manual crank latches where a bad design. But if you find a good one from LMC or OEM buy it they are worth it as the flip out handles break. Just be easy with it and i always grabbed the window with one hand and helped it up while cranking with the other. Go ahead and order the replacment tracks and gaskets as they are cheap and put them in it will help to keep the glass in place. When you take apart be sure and put bearing grease on the gears that run the window up and down.

79 was just like the 77s only difference i ever noticed was the 79-78 had a flip lid on the gas tank. 77s had just an exposed cap. 75s and 74s i think the back came off all the way to the front windshield. 73 and before was the older rounder body.

One more thing go around the edges of the fender wells with a screwdriver and water hose and wash out the inside channels where the metal breaks in and goes down. If mud gets trapped it will speed up the rust factor if they are not already rusted out. Make sure to wash those spots out every so often they where bad about trapping dirt, water salt etc and rusting through.
                        Last edited by dclifton; 01-11-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Pretty neat right there!!! Congrats on the new plow toy!!

Comment

You will love it. We love our 88 Ramcharger

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              COOL.!!

Had a 79 for several years fun toys to mess with. Good idea to rhino or rubber mat the inside.

LMC has a bunch of stuff for them as well.

Warning though. Those back glasses can be a frustrating PIA. I got to where i could have mine out and back in in about 15 mins.

The manual crank latches where a bad design. But if you find a good one from LMC or OEM buy it they are worth it as the flip out handles break. Just be easy with it and i always grabbed the window with one hand and helped it up while cranking with the other. Go ahead and order the replacment tracks and gaskets as they are cheap and put them in it will help to keep the glass in place. When you take apart be sure and put bearing grease on the gears that run the window up and down.

79 was just like the 77s only difference i ever noticed was the 79-78 had a flip lid on the gas tank. 77s had just an exposed cap. 75s and 74s i think the back came off all the way to the front windshield. 73 and before was the older rounder body.

One more thing go around the edges of the fender wells with a screwdriver and water hose and wash out the inside channels where the metal breaks in and goes down. If mud gets trapped it will speed up the rust factor if they are not already rusted out. Make sure to wash those spots out every so often they where bad about trapping dirt, water salt etc and rusting through.
                              I am waiting on a book from LMC. saw they had pretty much everything. funny you mention the back glass..the outside handle is broke, and the glass was off the track. I put it back on and got it up. pretty much just stays up now but I did have to help it out.

Had to pull the entire heating/ ac system out (didn't work) because 1. I needed that spot for my actuator to mount and 2. at some point and time a packrat got in there and completely fouled the system up.

Comment

Got the light bar in yesterday.....think I ordered a bit to big. if it was 6" shorter it would fit perfect. man if that isn't a set up for a joke.....

anyway I can flip the mounts around and it should fit fine with no mods.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X