He's becoming a nuisance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's becoming a nuisance

My old camphouse buck "Tuffy" turned 12 this year. Antler growth has gone down hill. He's pretty skinny and might not make it another year. I drove up to the camp and there were shed horns scattered all over the yard. Turns out Tuffy is going to the shed pile and pulling the sheds out. He must be lacking some minerals and is gnawing on the sheds. It would be nice if he took just one and gnawed it up. But he has to have a new one every time. Gotta watch where you drive so a tire doesn't get punched.

I like to sit on the porch before daylight and watch the sun come up. Drink some coffee and watch the brush come to life. Now Tuffy comes to the porch and bobs his head as if saying bring on the feed. He paces back and forth and then heads over to the shop where the vehicles are kept. Stands by my road feeder and stares at me trying to relax. Putting a guilt trip on me. It works. I get up and go sling him some corn. Getting to be irritating.

Sounds pretty awesome to me.

Comment

Lol. Irritating I'm sure, but still cool.

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

Sounds like you need a remote control feeder!

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

that's pretty neat!

Comment

The issues some complain about. Lol !!!

Comment

Dangit tuffy!!!

Comment

He is no worse than a dog. Just feed the ole boy. Maybe put out a cow mineral block for him to lick on.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                      The issues some complain about. Lol !!!
                      This

Maybe throw ol Tuffy some corn before you start your coffee

I think it is cool that you have a deer that old that you have been able to watch and interact with along the way

Might put him some mineral mix out, bet his teeth are in poor shape and chewing on sheds can't be helpful to them

Comment

That's pretty cool if ya ask me. Used to have a Mallard that did the same thing. Don't know where he came from but every couple days he'd be in the pond which is about 50 yards from the house, and eventually he started to come to the pack porch and eat dog food when the dogs were in the house, Did this for about 6-8 months then was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          He is no worse than a dog. Just feed the ole boy. Maybe put out a cow mineral block for him to lick on.
                          I'm sorry denim, were you saying something?

Comment

Give that boy some breakfast and let him hang out. Thats pretty cool stuff !!!

Comment

Tuffy trained you well.

Comment

Working...
                              X