Hooked on Hog!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooked on Hog!!!

I about a week or so ago I went to the Langley Ranch in Centerville. I did not know what to expect and at the time felt more comfortable with my Springfield Armory SoCom II .308 than my old bow. It was about a two hour drive from the SW side of the Metromess going 75 to 90 and looking out for Johny Law. I arrive and got started right away. About 15 to 20 minutes a was up in a treestand. After awhile a about 10 to 15 hogs came by and I shot a 20 to 30 pound hog. He had a front leg that looked blown out by a rifle. It was a mercy killing. After is calmed down a little I stalked a 100lb sow and placed a shot through some brush and hit her. I wasn't sure where the shot was placed because of the brush. I then came around the corner only to see her closing the distance between us. She came with then 10 yards when I placed another shot knocking out her heart and liver. Now I Know it is not a bow I killed these hogs with but next time it will be. I am planning on taken my Dad on another trip to the Langley Ranch and this time using my bow. I would recomend the Langley Ranch to anyone for a fun time!!
    Thanks Joe and Sue!!!

Last edited by NTex; 10-17-2006, 11:51 AM. Reason: illiterate

congrats!!

Comment

Congrats on the hogs. Kill'um all!!

Comment

Hmm. Guess I missed you. Glad you had a good time, and hope to hunt with you and your dad next trip. Im always glad to see happy posts coming from our place.

Comment

congrats on a good hunt. I have heard a lot about this place but still have not made the trip there. Maybe I can make it happen this year.

Comment

Aggiebowhunter, I had a great time that went by to quick!!! I forgot to ask Joe if yall had some shirts or hats for sale. Do yall?
            Nature Boy, I would book it quick they are very busy but will give you a good hunt!!

Comment

Congrads on the hog!

Comment

Email me your address and Ill get you a cap sent out.
                RandyDudley@texaswildhoghunting.com

Comment

Got it thanks!!!

Comment

Congrats on the pork!!!!

Comment

sweeeeeeet

Comment

Way to go NTex! I too wen't to the Langley Ranch this summer with a friend and we had a great time.

Comment

Congrats on the hog

Comment

Congrats on the hog

Comment

congrats on the porkchops

Comment

Working...
                              X