No announcement yet.

2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He loves the cat8 (thanks to a tbher!) been a very good bat.
    His new composite cat8 gets here thursday and hope to have it broke in for spring.
    Bunch of kids have it ad once broke i has serious pop.
    The marucci instructions for proper breakin rival the effort of putting together a complete bedroom set from ikea..

Comment

Made it to the championship but lost 10-9. Great weekend of baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chase is swinging the Cat 8 and the 2019 Demarini CF Zen.

Comment

My son and daughter in law have my grandson in this and he never gets to do a darn thing except play baseball no time for kid stuff. It’s very disappointing for me, I miss him,

Comment

My 13yo is swinging a demarini -5 and so far it's been alot more durable than the -10 2 3/4" versions. My 10yo swings a LS prime 918. My oldest also swung LS bats primarily. We've tried alot of bats and I think the Louisville bats give you the best durability and solid performance for the money.

Comment

This bat thing has gotten stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                My son and daughter in law have my grandson in this and he never gets to do a darn thing except play baseball no time for kid stuff. It’s very disappointing for me, I miss him,

This is why we don't play baseball in the fall.

No disrespect to those that do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  This is why we don't play baseball in the fall.

No disrespect to those that do.

I agree 100%. My son has played fall ball but once deer season hits full swing we miss a few tournaments. This weekend will be his teams last one, and he decided to go hunting instead, our coach said we were only playing 4 tournaments this year and this weekend will be our 7th of the fall, so I figured we have fulfilled our commitment and if he doesn't want to play this weekend it's all good. Kids definitely need to be kids, but some love baseball and that's what they want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                    Eh, sounds like an excuse. Practice ain’t every day and tournaments aren’t every weekend. We have plenty of time to fish and hunt. Granted, we spend a lot of time on baseball but my son enjoys it, as do we.

Comment

I bought my son the -10 Axe Element last fall. He hit great with it last fall and this spring/summer. He loves the bat, but it does dent. Had a major dent/flat area right before this spring season and I had to send it back for a replacement. The cap broke on the new one and had to send it back again and got a new replacement. Axe has taken care of each issue, but it is frustrating having to send them back.

In the spring, I got him a LS Omaha in -5 to swing in practice and to transition in prep for high school next year. He ended up picking up for a 14u team this fall and used the Omaha all fall. He’s hit well with the Omaha, but says he likes the Axe better.

I also recently bought a 2016 -3 Rawlings 5150 on Amazon for around $75 to complete the transition to bbcor for high school. He hasn’t hit much with it in practice, but when he has, he’s handling the weight difference fairly well.

Depending on how well the 5150 holds up, and how well he likes it, I’ll probably get him a new -3 for the start of high school, but I’m not sure which one yet.

what bbcor’s are y’all liking?

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                        I agree 100%. My son has played fall ball but once deer season hits full swing we miss a few tournaments. This weekend will be his teams last one, and he decided to go hunting instead, our coach said we were only playing 4 tournaments this year and this weekend will be our 7th of the fall, so I figured we have fulfilled our commitment and if he doesn't want to play this weekend it's all good. Kids definitely need to be kids, but some love baseball and that's what they want to do.
                        My team plays fall ball every year until November 11th the I put them on a 30 day no play until tryouts which is in December. I tell them if I catch them on another team as a pickup player they better like the team and can stay there if they can't respect the team. This gives the kids time to be kids and to rest and let those arms rest.

Comment

11u schedules are out and we drew our old team for the first time this fall. 4 of the 6 boys that left that team this summer ended up on our team, including my son, so as dumb as it sounds, I'm sure tensions will be high. We left on good terms and my son's best friend is the assistant coaches son so we have stayed in touch, but a few of the others left on not so good terms and I'm sure it will get fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            11u schedules are out and we drew our old team for the first time this fall. 4 of the 6 boys that left that team this summer ended up on our team, including my son, so as dumb as it sounds, I'm sure tensions will be high. We left on good terms and my son's best friend is the assistant coaches son so we have stayed in touch, but a few of the others left on not so good terms and I'm sure it will get fun.
                            Good luck, sometimes those turn out to be the best games. Boys on both sides playing for bragging rights.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                              Good luck, sometimes those turn out to be the best games. Boys on both sides playing for bragging rights.
                              Thanks, coach said he's leaning towards Brock to start the game. Makes me nervous but he's been pretty good so far so we will see if the butterflies get to him. He's not a kid that really gets nervous so I'm excited to see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Chase is swinging the Cat 8 and the 2019 Demarini CF Zen.

How much pop are you seeing out of the Demarini CF Zen?

We went with the Louisville Slugger Solo last season.

Not sure if I want to buy another USA bat at all. I would have to see a reasonable difference to buy another.

I am contemplating trying a wood bat this year though. The USA standard bats are horrible.

We tried the Ghost last year too but wayyy too much sting.

Comment

Working...
                                X