No announcement yet.

Considering re-homing my Labrador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These hunting dogs that are made to be inside dogs probably get attitudes because they want to be outside dogs.

Comment

Food for thought?

Whenever a dog that has never had behavioral problems before suddenly starts having behavioral problems, you have to rule out any underlying medical conditions that may be causing discomfort, pain or sensitivity. 7 is not OLD but he is an older dog and sometimes we start to see hearing loss, vision problems or arthritis at that age.
      Last edited by Sika; 03-11-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
        For those of you saying keep the dog an train the kids, I hope you never have to deal with this. He’s a great dog 99.9% of the time, but that 0.1% is not acceptable. My son is just turning 4 and accidents happen. I can tell you in no uncertain terms that it isn’t funny, cute, or something that could be laughed off when a pretty little 5yo girl gets bitten. Also, a 5lb chihuahua with a bad attitude isn’t even in the same ballpark as an 80lb lab who’s suddenly become volatile with other dogs and kids. I understand it’s a behavior issue, but he lives in the house with my family. I’ve trained several dogs and I know how to address most behavior issues, and I’m not willing to have him in my house with my kids during that process. That said, I live in the suburbs and really can’t make a suitable arrangement outdoors considering all of the dogs in the neighborhood. I wish it never would have come to this, but it has. Bottom line, my kids come first.

You've got your head screwed on straight. No dog is worth more than your kids' well being.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          My grandson's love my lab. She got even a growl or wrinkled lip with them if have to do something.

Have you considered a muzzle?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
          It isn’t right to keep him muzzled 23 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            These hunting dogs that are made to be inside dogs probably get attitudes because they want to be outside dogs.
            Most of the most poorly adjusted and aggressive dogs I’ve seen were outside dogs. This dog has been socialized to people and other dogs, has been allowed to be out when he wants, and has been nothing but a happy dopey lab until recently. I really doubt this is the issue.

Comment

hard to give away part of the family but in the long run you have to do what's best for the kids and what's best for Dutch

Comment

Working...
              X