Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is D@#n!

Comment

So your neighbor is an *** but he’s not breaking the law. If he shoots a deer be a better person and let him go get it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
        So I have a neighbor that has 2 acres next to my place. About 50x30 ft. of the property is wooded and joins my place. I have a protein feeder that is about 75 yrds from his property line that I do not hunt and actually don't hunt my 11 acres at all. I do however have permission to hunt 700 acres to the north. That being said, the neighbor set up a decoy 5 yrds from my property line and a feeder 10 yrds from that. There is very little chance of him shooting a deer and not having him cross my property lines, I think he should have asked myself and our other neighbors if he could get permission to recover a deer in the event he shot one, am I off base here.

Yes

Comment

To sum this up...if you’re the good dude you seem to be, had he shot a deer and asked permission to enter after the fact, you’d have let him enter. All drama avoided. No need for everyone to be tracking each other down. Meet him when he asks.

Comment

So I have a neighbor that has 2 acres next to my place. About 50x30 ft. of the property is wooded and joins my place. I have a protein feeder that is about 75 yrds from his property line that I do not hunt and actually don't hunt my 11 acres at all. I do however have permission to hunt 700 acres to the north. That being said, the neighbor set up a decoy 5 yrds from my property line and a feeder 10 yrds from that. There is very little chance of him shooting a deer and not having him cross my property lines, I think he should have asked myself and our other neighbors if he could get permission to recover a deer in the event he shot one, am I off base here.

Why the feeder? I thought I read that you shot a hog and were going to let your niece hunt with a crossbow?

Was cutting some cedars on my place in Collin County for a plot and noticed a guy walking the fence line on my side of the fence. He proceeded to come introduce himself and let me know that he had just set up a feeder in the opening right behind my food plot. He said he was staying with his parents while his wife and he were split and they said they never see anyone back there, so that made it ok. He asked if i wanted him to take it off and put on his parents property behind their barn. I politely said yes and proceeded to tell him that there are a ton of spots i would love to put a feeder that I dont own, but wouldn't because its not my property! Well fast forward to the next evening and i walk out there to find he moved the feeder alright. But just inside the tree line and still on my place, then I found his pop up brushed in about 20 yrds away. At this point I am furious, proceed to take down the pop up, and write him a sweet little note on the feeder. The problem is, their house is 50yrds through the trees from the plot I was putting in. Should i still do it in the hopes that this bafoon doesn't sneak out when i am not there and try to hunt it? At this point I just want to stomp his little *** and no he is not a child, the guy is probably late 20's. People have no respect for other peoples stuff!
            Is this the same neighbor?

If so, he probably would not still be causing problems if you had stomped his ***.

Comment

Go over and meet and visit your neighbor and talk to him about what if it was the other way around how would he feel. At least it's worth a try to work something out first or maybe you'll get lucky and he may have a hot wife so not all is lost.

Comment

I don't understand why you are even mad. When you intended to hunt your 11 acres you met all your neighbors to ask permission to retrieve deer, including him. I don't know how the conversation went but you made it seem like he gave you permission then. I am sure he expects you to reciprocate his kind gesture and no need to come talk to you about it.

Comment

I get coming to ask you anyway would have been nice but maybe he isn't intending to hunt it but had a niece or nephew over for holidays and they asked to hunt. Maybe it was all last minute for some relatives.

Comment

[quote=Christianhuff;13001433]
                    Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                    Guy gets pissy he feeds protein for deer on his 11 acres but doesn't hunt it. He has 700 acres north of him that he hunts (lucky). Is upset that is lowly neighbor put up a feeder on his 2 acres and a decoy. I don't remember reading anything about a hunting blind set up but maybe I skimmed over that part. So essentially the neighbor is doing the same thing as the guy upset. The guy upset is drawing conclusions that someone (how dare he) is hunting on 2 acres and might kill the buck he has been protein feeding.

after various opinions, guy gets defensive and back tracks trying to play it off as something else.

Look, I would not like it either. We don't know this guy or his reasons. Maybe he got laid off of work, trying to kill something for food for his family. Maybe a lease got yanked from him at last minute and he still is trying to do something close to hunting for just this season. Maybe he is new to hunting but wants to give it a try and doesn't know proper etiquette.

We are all assuming the worst about this fella without knowing anything about him. Before coming over he posting maybe you should have talked to him first. It sounds like sour grapes and you are some elitist by mentioning your 11 acres and protein feeding with 700 acres to hunt and this poor schmuck has 2 acres. Who does he think he is?

So you have 5k acres or 700 acres should you really care if the guy is hunting on 2 acres? Maybe he could be a friend and you could hunt together on your thousands of acres you have permission to hunt. Then he wouldn't need to hunt his 2 acres and bother you.

I totally get being irritated at the fella but why vent here with so few facts on actual situation? It makes you look petty. I don't think you are, I have read your post in the past and you seem like a good dude.

If he is a real jerk than by all means burn the dude down with game cameras and him trespassing etc but he is a neighbor and better to play nice if you can[/

As far as getting defensive, I'm just kind of shocked at the lack of respect or consideration for neighbors that people have these days including some on here. When it comes to trespassing, I have a zero tolerance for it and have dealt with idiots poaching in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. I also go above and beyond to be a good neighbor, introduce myself as soon as possible and offer assistance in any way I can. When I moved in and only had the 11 acres option that I could hunt, I went and knocked on every door including this guys to let them know I might hunt and if I could call them if I need to recover a deer. It's the responsible and neighborly thing to do, so if doing the right thing makes me look bad to a few folks on here so be it. I will continue to do the right thing and if my neighbors would like the same courtesy from me, they should do the same. Again, I don't care if the dude hunts his land, it's his land, a one buck county, and archery only, so killing one buck whether hitting my protein or not has very little impact on me. It's hard enough to kill a deer with a bow, much less on a small place. But at least take the time and be responsible enough to get to know your neighbors and take every step you can to make sure you can recover a deer you shoot. This post has run its course and I don't have anything else to contribute.

Just wanted to see what others would do in this situation and it's been an eye opener. ------ ---

If I had asked permission from this neighbor and he gave it to me. I find that he put up a feeder later I wouldn't be upset that he didn't come ask me. It would be understood that we had a gentlemans agreement. I wouldn't post on here asking for thoughts. If I felt wronged by this guy then I would just approach him about it. So far he has done nothing wrong but assume you would understand he may need to retrieve a deer off your land just like you might need to retrieve a deer off his land when you asked

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                      I don't understand why you are even mad. When you intended to hunt your 11 acres you met all your neighbors to ask permission to retrieve deer, including him. I don't know how the conversation went but you made it seem like he gave you permission then. I am sure he expects you to reciprocate his kind gesture and no need to come talk to you about it.

I left my number and he never contacted me.

Comment

[quote=Beargrasstx;13002612]

If I had asked permission from this neighbor and he gave it to me. I find that he put up a feeder later I wouldn't be upset that he didn't come ask me. It would be understood that we had a gentlemans agreement. I wouldn't post on here asking for thoughts. If I felt wronged by this guy then I would just approach him about it. So far he has done nothing wrong but assume you would understand he may need to retrieve a deer off your land just like you might need to retrieve a deer off his land when you asked

I left him my number and he never contacted me.

Comment

Working...
                        X