Fishing Squaw Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Squaw Creek

Anyone have any fishing reports? It'll be my first time to Squaw Creek this weekend with a buddy, and we're wondering what's biting!

TTT anyone?

Comment

I've scuba dived there many times..
      Theres a lot of fish usually around the discharge from the nuke plant...
      That's all I got for ya....

Comment

Haven't seen that name in a while. We fished there as kids at the docks. My parents had a place in Granbury and were involved in an organization in Glen Rose so my dad would take us perch fishing there. Great memories. Good luck!

Comment

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys! ill update the thread with some pictures if we end up getting on a few fish.

Comment

I been wanting to go down there and hit them Tilapia. They say you can fill a boat with them down there.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                I been wanting to go down there and hit them Tilapia. They say you can fill a boat with them down there.
                We're going to do our best!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  You use to be able to do that at gibbons Creek too.

Comment

Is this the same Squaw Creek I drive over just east of Glen Rose? If so it sure looks like it would be a fun place to fly fish. It's always clear and it always has moving water. Does most of it go through private property?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      Is this the same Squaw Creek I drive over just east of Glen Rose? If so it sure looks like it would be a fun place to fly fish. It's always clear and it always has moving water. Does most of it go through private property?
                      Yes. Bradley is talking about the reservoir though. The reservoir is restricted access and is only open certain days of the week.

The actual creek is all on private property.

Interested to see how you do and what fish you catch. There are a lot of bass boats that seem to be headed that direction on 377

Comment

I used to hit it pretty hard for smallmouth back in the day. One of my favorite lakes and always see a ton of deer driving in. That was before they shut it down for a long time after 911. I haven't been back since.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                          Yes. Bradley is talking about the reservoir though. The reservoir is restricted access and is only open certain days of the week.

Interested to see how you do and what fish you catch. There are a lot of bass boats that seem to be headed that direction on 377
                          If I remember correctly..
                          They also only allow, a certain number of boats on the lake..

Comment

Yep, 3 eyed glow in the dark fish, that's why they close the lake at night, it's to easy to see the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post

I believe I read somewhere that it is only open on the weekends. I could be wrong though.. I'll definitely update this thread with some pictures if we get on any fish!

Comment

Working...
                              X