Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take you to clean a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On edit.....after what drycreek said....make my time 1 minute under what the quickest was..

Comment

2-3 beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        2-3 beers.

This! Thank you

Comment

No gut method makes it faster.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
            It takes me about 50 minutes if I am caping the deer out for a shoulder mount. Otherwise it takes me around 35-40. I get faster as the season progresses. I clean 20-30 each year on our place, so my practice level is pretty high.
            20 minutes of that is finding a ladder and setting it up

Comment

Depends

Is it Saturday night or Sunday morning? Is there a another person or maybe a third to get and open beer? How many critters are we cleaning at once

Comment

About 15 minutes usually. Some of y’all are slow pokes.

Comment

Man, I thought I was doing good at 1.5-2hrs. That being said, I even get the meat between the rib bones.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                    I never get in a hurry, so my time is probably close to yours. I don't gut them, unless I'm on a hunt that requires it.

If we're at camp with family, we get a cup of coffee and relive the story of the hunt as we process it out. My dad loves this part more than he does the actual hunt.
                    I only partially gut, just enough to pull the backstraps out. And talking about the hunt is the best part, especially with family.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      20 minutes of that is finding a ladder and setting it up
                      I have been known to have to lower them a bit in order to reach the hind legs.

Comment

If I’m by myself, I can drag out the entire process about 2 hours. That’s everything from weighing, to cleaning and hauling off remains. I do a lot of trimming while my deer is hanging, and I don’t use a saw, I go through joints at the knees and hip ball joints etc. so no bone fragments. If I am in a hurry, I can get through the process in an hour, but certainly haven’t done as thorough a job.

Comment

Kind of all depends, Doe and someone to hold her pretty quick maybe 30 minutes to the ice chest. Caping a buck by myself it’s probably 1.5 to 2 hours.

Comment

Usually around 3 weeks including cooler time...

Comment

Depends....I can’t talk and clean at the same time, and I hardly ever stop talking.

By myself, I can break one down in about a half hour and get it in the ice chest.

Ringed out and saving the cape takes me another 45 minutes.

Comment

I always thought I was pretty quick at it, but never timed myself. I got the opportunity to go to the hill country one year with a friend of mine and some guys who worked for him. His foreman was from Mexico and when he was a kid his dad owned a butcher shop. Long story short, he cleaned 3 deer in the time I finished one. To this day I’ve never seen anything like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X