Gettin mad shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin mad shooting

So when your in the back yard or in the range and you're having an off week what do you do when you start getting mad? Here lately I just spit and cuss and keep shooting. I finally calm down and try again only to find myself angry as heck all over again. My bow has almost met its demise twice this week. You have to practice to get better but what do you do when your shooting starts getting worse?

Originally posted by sutherpride59 View Post
    So when your in the back yard or in the range and you're having an off week what do you do when you start getting mad? Here lately I just spit and cuss and keep shooting. I finally calm down and try again only to find myself angry as heck all over again. My bow has almost met its demise twice this week. You have to practice to get better but what do you do when your shooting starts getting worse?
    When I get like that I just put it away. No sense in keeping on when you're off.

Comment

Put the bow down and drink a beer. Chase my kids around and maybe later get frisky with the wife!
      Next day do it all over again. But then again I've never gotten mad shooting my bow, even on my worst day. I t usually calms me down if even I'm shooting poorly.

Comment

If I'm shooting fine then it starts getting worse I put the bow down before I develop any bad habits.

Comment

Get closer, stack a few arrows, and put it away.

Comment

If you continue trying when you're off you will just lose confidence in your self. Put it up for the day and get after it tomorrow.

Comment

Dont press. Its how I view range time when I am working on my swing. When I am struggling I either pack it up and call it a day or go play a few holes with ZERO swing thoughts. When you press trying to fix something you most likely will end up making the issue worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                If I'm shooting fine then it starts getting worse I put the bow down before I develop any bad habits.
                Mental and physical fatigue causes eradic shooting and form

Walk away , calm down, and shoot the next day

Is it worth taking your shooting errors out on the bow and possibly causing hundreds of dollars in damages ?

Comment

Put the bow down until you can get your mind in the game. Continuing to shoot will only further your frustration.

Comment

It's like golf or anything else...when things go south, STOP. Give it another go tomorrow.

Comment

I either stop and do it again in a day or 2, or I put it down for a few hours and start closer at the target and pay close attention to my form and hand grip. When I start concentrating on my form and target, I tend to calm down.

Comment

It's not a choice to have a bad physical day! In sports we all have bad days.
                        It is a choice to have a bad mental day. Usually makes things much worse.
                        Your probably TRYING to hard. Just shoot and enjoy it.

Comment

I shot 7 arrows in my backyard today. I liked my grouping and was feeling good so I put that sucker back in the case. No need in getting tired and putting a bunch of bad joo-joo in my head this close to bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                            Bingo!

Comment

I've never been mad shooting but if I were to, I would put the bow away for the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X