Time for a new dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new dog

I have always loved Labs. I had Bud for 14 years until old age caught up with my friend in 2010. I am thinking a new pup for Christmas feels right for us. My question.....can they be good/ok blood trail dogs? Wont stop me from going for one if they aren't. Keep an eye out for me if you know someone with an upcoming litter. Thanks.

This is Bud. I miss him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19161_1320805190205_996881_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	25100436

If you can train them to find drugs, no reason you can't train them to trail blood. I'm sure some will chime in with just such experience. I have used my dog to do it successfully but, she was not trained to do it.

Comment

Boykins rock!

Comment

I have a litter of Lacy dogs that are 6 week old right now.

Comment

I won't be without a lab. I'm looking forward to next month, I'm studding out my Jesse to a female at his breeders, we are getting pick of the litter should everything go well. Should be a happy Easter for us. Hope you find a good pup! And absolutely, they can be used for tracking blood.

Comment

I am in the same boat, I lost my pal Diesel 3 months ago and am thinking about getting one before Christmas.

Comment

I won't be without a lab.
              To the OP's question sure they can be trained...to do most anything.

Good luck, sure love my Duke.

Comment

I have free lab / healer pups. Pm me....

Comment

My next pup will be a vizsla

Comment

My lab is an excellent tracker. She has never let me down.

Comment

I have two female lacy pups left that will we ready around mid December!! Ill hold until Christmas if you would like. Great dog for blood tracking

Comment

My lab is an excellent blood trailing dog. Really for an all around dog, you can't beat a lab. They will do anything you can ask for. Doves, quail, ducks, geese, blood trailing and just a great family dog, labs are tough to beat.

Comment

Just adopted this lil gal from the shelter in Nacogdoches. I'm not sure exactly what she is, but I will say she has one heck of a nose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've considered a lacy. I know they're the best trailing dogs. My heart always falls for labs though.

Comment

Lacys aren't the best but they can be good and so can labs. It's not so much the nose is all the other facors that make an excellent tracker. Stamina, speed, deep nose and grit. Labs lack quite a bit to be high up on the tracking list

Comment

Working...
                              X