Thread for Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also Drawn for Richland Creek WMA. Anyone hunt this area? Opening this thread to see who else is going. 10/16 - 10/25.

Larry

I got drawn the same time frame.

Comment

I was drawn for north unit 10/2-10/11 and south 12/04/2020 - 12/13/2020

Comment

My son was drawn for 10/31-11/1

South Unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve hunted the north unit 3 times, 2 on a archery hunt and once on a youth hunt. Did shoot a doe with my bow and seen some nice bucks just out of range. Youth hunt, we seen lots of deer but a little too far for my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Physhstyx View Post
            I was also Drawn for Richland Creek WMA. Anyone hunt this area? Opening this thread to see who else is going. 10/16 - 10/25.

Larry
            North Unit or South Unit. Our group will be there the same hunt period on the South Unit.

Comment

I drew south 11/20-11/29

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                North Unit or South Unit. Our group will be there the same hunt period on the South Unit.

North Unit

Comment

I hunted North last year on the E-Postcard archery hunt.

Comment

I hunted south last year on Special Permit Hunt. PM and I’ll share whatever I can. Beautiful place. Tough hunt to just drop in and expect to shoot a mature buck. Unfortunately October is a bit ahead of the rut. We hunted same time last year and the youngsters were just starting to slap heads. I used a pop up on a well beaten trail deep in the woods. Had a good 30-40 deer over the week in shooting distance. Small bucks and does. Raised my bow once in a three year old ten point and thought better of it. They’re serious about the 13” rule and I was really only I interested in a big boy. If your just looking to stick something, I think you gotta a good shot. 130”+, gonna take some luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                      I drew south 11/20-11/29

My group also drew the south unit on those dates. I hope the weather cooperates. The last time that I was drawn the hunt was canceled due to flooding.

Comment

I don’t have a tree stand or an atv. I usually prefer hunting from the ground. Is a tree stand a big improvement over hunting from the ground here? Also will a bike help or should I just go on foot. I have a 4wd suv I’ll be driving but dont know what kind of vehicle access there is. I do some hiking with my son and don’t mind hiking in a mile to get to a spot.

Comment

Drew south Dec. 4-13.

Do they assigned compartments, or is the entire south open to all that drew south?

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                            Drew south Dec. 4-13.

Do they assigned compartments, or is the entire south open to all that drew south?
                            The hunt info on the TPWD website says it is by compartment.

Comment

Working...
                            X