No announcement yet.

Grapevine 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have factual information of how many applicants apply for 250 permits?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This was my first year applying for the vine, didn't get picked though sadly. But, if anyone shoots a really nice, big P&Y and needs help dragging it out, just give me a text and drop me a pin with On X to your EXACT location and ill be out there in about an hour to help you drag it out.

Comment

Me and my son both got picked. It’s nice to be able to go hunt after work During the week.
        Good luck everyone.

Comment

Put 7 miles on the boots today, made a couple nice finds. Looks like someone is afraid of heights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattram17 View Post
            Put 7 miles on the boots today, made a couple nice finds. Looks like someone is afraid of heights...

Wow. Are people that lazy? The short one didn't even take the tags off the screw in steps. Nice spot with plenty of cover too[emoji1787]
            Cool shed though, it must be from a Grapevine fawn.

Last edited by Buck Smacker; 09-16-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
              Wow. Are people that lazy? The short one didn't even take the tags off the screw in steps. Nice spot with plenty of cover too[emoji1787]
              Cool shed though, it must be from a Grapevine fawn.

I was a pretty annoyed by both of them.. some people’s kids... and better watch out walking past the screw in steps guy, I might hit my head on the platform! The shed was a fun find even if it was small, maybe I’ll run into his older brother or dad sometime

Comment

Anyone have eyes on how the water looks out there? Hoping to get out this weekend to scout for waterfowl and if any of the slews and side ponds have any water in em. If we happen across some teal we can jump then great.

Don’t have a boat so the creek is out of the water is high at all. But hoping we can trudge through the jungle to a few key spots.

Comment

Might as well hunt from the ground. haha
                  The stuff I have seen out there never seems to amaze me

Comment

I was lucky enough to get drawn this year. I'm usually not that lucky with draws, but plan on taking full advantage. I've been out there several times over the past month and have seen deer every time, including a small buck at 1:00 in the afternoon last weekend when I walked up on a bed. There is no shortage of deer and pigs out there, but there's also no shortage of people so that will make things interesting to say the least.

When I got back to my car I think I had between 30-40 mosquito bites. Needless to say I will be purchasing a Thermacell and Permethrin for bow season. I recommend everyone else that will be hunting out there do the same if they haven't already. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack15 View Post
                      I was lucky enough to get drawn this year. I'm usually not that lucky with draws, but plan on taking full advantage. I've been out there several times over the past month and have seen deer every time, including a small buck at 1:00 in the afternoon last weekend when I walked up on a bed. There is no shortage of deer and pigs out there, but there's also no shortage of people so that will make things interesting to say the least.

When I got back to my car I think I had between 30-40 mosquito bites. Needless to say I will be purchasing a Thermacell and Permethrin for bow season. I recommend everyone else that will be hunting out there do the same if they haven't already. lol
                      There is NO DEER at the vine. Plenty of KILLER mosquitos and Meth heads though

Comment

Hunted the vine last year pretty hard. Saw a lot of deer October and November but saw almost nothing in December. Good luck! Fun to be able to hunt close to home.

Comment

Have you seen the movie Jumanji? Remember the mosquitoes? Yeah a thermacell might help.

Comment

Looks like some people are disregarding the 24hr rule on stands... The Corp sends guys in multiple times and they will pull those stands.

Also deer are still around in December and late December but you cant hunt acorn producing trees anymore. Those only work Oct. & Early Nov. gotta hunt thick cover transition edges. I saw my two biggest Vine bucks Dec. 11th and Dec. 29th.

Comment

Drove down 377 tonight around 12:30 and pulled over for what I thought was a cop with their lights on. Turned out to be a GW turning into the lot at Bobcat/377 where there was already another GW with their lights on and a couple other cars. Any of y’all know what was goin on?

Comment

Originally posted by mattram17 View Post
                                Drove down 377 tonight around 12:30 and pulled over for what I thought was a cop with their lights on. Turned out to be a GW turning into the lot at Bobcat/377 where there was already another GW with their lights on and a couple other cars. Any of y’all know what was goin on?

at the vine who knows. I've stumbled upon some meth camps before

Comment

Working...
                                X