No announcement yet.

Nilgai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on a plains game hunt in Africa when I was 13 with my grandparents. I used a .257 for everything, including Eland. The guides said bring a gun your comfortable with, it’s all about shot placement.

Comment

Yes is the short answer.

Comment

Nilgai

.257 Weatherby Magnum 100gr neck shot dropped this cow in her tracks. The lease owner of this place kills bulls with this same caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by piercebronkite; 10-30-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Great shot. From the pic, it doesn't appear that the neck hide is any different from the rest of the animal. Am I correct? Must be cause there ain't any Bengal tigers in south texas. LOL

Comment

Ive killed them with a .270 and shooting them in the neck, these animals are not impossible to kill. Just have to make a solid shot.

Comment

Send it!!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Great shot. From the pic, it doesn't appear that the neck hide is any different from the rest of the animal. Am I correct? Must be cause there ain't any Bengal tigers in south texas. LOL

The cows aren’t as thick hide as the bulls. They evolved to have thick skin as the bulls will rake each other’s neck with their short sharp horns while rutting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The hide on a big bulls neck and shoulders are pretty impressive. They feel like a wet saddle blanket with a leather layer when you skin them. It sure isn’t bulletproof, but it could sure catch and turn a small bullet. It trampolines out on the back side and catches even big, fast, projectiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    The hide on a big bulls neck and shoulders are pretty impressive. They feel like a wet saddle blanket with a leather layer when you skin them. It sure isn’t bulletproof, but it could sure catch and turn a small bullet. It trampolines out on the back side and catches even big, fast, projectiles.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Would one make a good rug?

Comment

Working...
                    X