Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a Moultrie 6V PowerPanel work w/ Primos Truth Cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Found a replacement battery. Time to do some serious searching and find it cheaper:

http://www.batterytrader.com/diamec-...s-p-39812.html
    Hey Chew, that doesn't seem to bad if it is TYD and what you need to get back up and running again. Good luck!

Comment

Found a replacement battery. Time to do some serious searching and find it cheaper:

http://www.batterytrader.com/diamec-...s-p-39812.html
      Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
      Hey Chew, that doesn't seem to bad if it is TYD and what you need to get back up and running again. Good luck!
      Chew, did u every replace the battery in your older Moultrie Power Panel and get it back up and running?

Comment

Not yet. I really think I'm going to bite the bullet and get some new cameras so don't know yet if I want to buy the battery. The two spots I have are VERY shady and just don't know if there's enough sunlight to charge it. Here's the "jungle stand":

Comment

Oops. Pics:
          Attached Files

Comment

Not yet. I really think I'm going to bite the bullet and get some new cameras so don't know yet if I want to buy the battery. The two spots I have are VERY shady and just don't know if there's enough sunlight to charge it. Here's the "jungle stand":
            Yeah, that's a lot of canopy!

Comment

Will a Moultrie 6V PowerPanel work w/ Primos Truth Cam?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377305593.947447.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	24235715
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377305608.000450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	24235716
              I just went all in x3. I hope yours is still performing well. I'll set them up next Friday when I head back to the hill country.

My patience might not be strong enough to wait 7 more days though. Hope I don't go to Walmart and drop $79.97 on another P-35 just so I can test it at the house this wknd. Then I'd have to order a 4th power panel and two more sd cards.

Thanks again for the tip. The power panels should pay for themselves in about 10+/- months, or even less if I run the camera on 1 minute settings for many days once season starts.
              Last edited by Rambow; 08-23-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
                [ATTACH]536421[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]536422[/ATTACH]
                I just went all in x3. I hope yours is still performing well. I'll set them up next Friday when I head back to the hill country.

My patience might not be strong enough to wait 7 more days though. Hope I don't go to Walmart and drop $79.97 on another P-35 just so I can test it at the house this wknd. Then I'd have to order a 4th power panel and two more sd cards.

Thanks again for the tip. The power panels should pay for themselves in about 10+/- months, or even less if I run the camera on 1 minute settings for many days once season starts.
                That's great Jay! Looks good...remember you will need to remove the little rubber plug around the external power port on the cams for the plug to fit. I do WISH the connection was a little more "snug" but so far I haven't had any critters knock it loose.

Keep us updated on how it works for you. Good luck this season!

Comment

Thank you. Sure will. Good luck to you this season also!

Comment

[ATTACH]536421[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]536422[/ATTACH]

UPDATE: These PowerPanels are working great after more than 4 months in the field! I have 2 of my Primos Truth Cam 35s hooked up via this method and each has taken over 10k pics since being out!

Money shot:both still show 99% battery charge
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm running 6 of them now with exact same setup. All are performing great.

Primos 35
                      Moultrie 6V solar power panel

Comment

I'm running 6 of them now with exact same setup. All are performing great.

Primos 35
                        Moultrie 6V solar power panel

Comment

good ideas

Comment

Update time boys... How are they working now? I just invested in 4 new primos 46 game cams (12volt) (along with a couple used cams for my bro to destroy) and bought 1 moultrie 12v power panel to see if it works.. If so I'm gonna be buying a few more.

You guys also sold me on the truth cams... They better be as good as y'all said. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                              Update time boys... How are they working now? I just invested in 4 new primos 46 game cams (12volt) (along with a couple used cams for my bro to destroy) and bought 1 moultrie 12v power panel to see if it works.. If so I'm gonna be buying a few more.

You guys also sold me on the truth cams... They better be as good as y'all said. Lol.
                              So far so good Nate. I'll update again in a couple of weeks when I head to the lease Memorial Day weekend.
                              Remember the PowerPanel I use is 6v, which is what most of the Primos cams are.
                              BTW, I shipped the Blackout to you today.

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
                                So far so good Nate. I'll update again in a couple of weeks when I head to the lease Memorial Day weekend.
                                Remember the PowerPanel I use is 6v, which is what most of the Primos cams are.
                                BTW, I shipped the Blackout to you today.
                                Oh crap forgot about the blackout... Make that 4 truth 46's and a Blackout. Lol. Plus I picked up a truth 60 just to see if more is better... i may be selling a few myself. I own more trail cams now than I do feeders..

Comment

Working...
                                X