Maglite Suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maglite Suppressor

I came across some info about a suppressor made from a D cell maglite, and now I’m kind of intrigued by them. Do any of y’all have one? If so, what’s the process of filing a form 1 on one? Can you use the maglite serial number or do you need to engrave your own? Also would you have to engrave a manufacturer and city?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO, there are so many great “solvent trap” manufacturers that it is not worth going the maglite route anymore. It used to be one of the best ways if you didn’t own machining equipment. But to answer your question, if the serial number is deep enough and >1/16” tall you could “adopt” it. You’d still need to engrave the model, caliber, manufacturer and city, state. My favorite solvent trap manufacturer is diversified machine. I’ve made 4 form one cans.

Comment

Form 1 suppressor forum
      Diversified Machine

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
        IMHO, there are so many great “solvent trap” manufacturers that it is not worth going the maglite route anymore. It used to be one of the best ways if you didn’t own machining equipment. But to answer your question, if the serial number is deep enough and >1/16” tall you could “adopt” it. You’d still need to engrave the model, caliber, manufacturer and city, state. My favorite solvent trap manufacturer is diversified machine. I’ve made 4 form one cans.

I like the looks of those tubes. What do you use for baffles?

Comment

DM sells different styles of baffles as well that fit his tubes, you just email him to see what’s in stock. I think he keeps a list in the vendor section of the Form 1 forum as well. I’ve got Ti valve spring retainers in my 22 can , but the rest were made by DM. I can post pictures if you want.

Comment

DM sells different styles of baffles as well that fit his tubes, you just email him to see what’s in stock. I think he keeps a list in the vendor section of the Form 1 forum as well. I’ve got Ti valve spring retainers in my 22 can , but the rest were made by DM. I can post pictures if you want.

If you don’t mind, picture would be great. Thanks.

Comment

In my opinion what would be a better option would be to retro fit a maglight over a suppressor for the look but also maintain good sound and suppression of a well built can

Comment

Google drive folder of 3 of the 4
                Sorry they are so dirty.
                I can take pictures of the clean 30 cal one tomorrow. The pics above are of a 22 can, 45ACP can and 45-70 can

Comment

Go to the form1 suppressor board and read everything rust has written. Great info.

Comment

Here's what they look like before engraving, drilling and clipping:

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                        I came across some info about a suppressor made from a D cell maglite, and now I’m kind of intrigued by them. Do any of y’all have one? If so, what’s the process of filing a form 1 on one? Can you use the maglite serial number or do you need to engrave your own? Also would you have to engrave a manufacturer and city?

I know a guy that has one of the kits. He shot it on his 5.56. I’m not sure of the longevity or structural safety of it, but I was impressed with how quite it was. I’ve been wanting to go that route myself,of course, after filling out the proper paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                          I know a guy that has one of the kits. He shot it on his 5.56. I’m not sure of the longevity or structural safety of it, but I was impressed with how quite it was. I’ve been wanting to go that route myself,of course, after filling out the proper paperwork.

Yeah, the longevity of it is my concern. I think I’m going to go the route of buying a titanium “solvent trap” tube instead. It isn’t much more expensive, and should be a lot more durable.

Comment

Here's what they look like before engraving, drilling and clipping:

If you don’t mind me asking, what does does one of these run when using titanium parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                              If you don’t mind me asking, what does does one of these run when using titanium parts?
                              With 100% Ti parts it was just over $400. $200 for the tube and end cap and $200 for internals. It’s much cheaper to go SS or aluminum, but I wanted lightweight and durable. If you like to tinker and build things it’s the way to go, if not you can spend a couple hundred extra and have a factory can with warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X