Austin area place to shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin area place to shoot

Like the title says I am working in the Austin/Pflugerville area and would like to know where a guy could go shoot after work? it would be easier around the Pflugerville or closer areas, RR, GT or N. Austin. today is Saturday and I will be heading back there for another week of work Tomorrow on Sunday. Just might bring one of my Bows this time. I posted in the Traditional forum but I do shoot my compound too.
    Last edited by Greyman; 04-11-2015, 04:30 PM.

I hang out at, and shoot at Double G Archery shop in Georgetown. It is a good place and has lanes where you can shoot 0-30yds. They are open till 6:00pm. There is a league that shoots on Tuesday nights that starts at 6:30pm. There is a trad guy or two who shoots the league.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch, I will look them up and get an address, what days do you go? maybe we can hookup and shoot.

Comment

Another vote for GG

Comment

Not this week. I am sitting in at LAX now waiting for my flight to board!

Normally I'm there almost every day, but this week I'm gone hunting!

Bisch

Comment

good luck.

Comment

Austin archery club . Someone will come on and tell you how to join and get a key. It's close to to city park off rm2222.

Comment

You can join by going to archery country on 183 in North central austin. You will need $50 cash or check for a working membership and I think 150 for a non working membership. They will give you details. They also will give you the code to the gate and directions. Archery country is a good place to shoot too, indoor range. Nice folks, but no GG.

Austin archery club is an outdoor club with two static ranges and a 3d bowhunters course. We also have a new 3d course set up for a monthly shoot. It's up only for the shoot then should be removed. The bowhunters course is always up and is lots of fun. There is a traditional league at archery country on Tuesday nights as well btw. I go when I can but the trad shooters there are all nice folks.

Hope this helps and I hope I chimed in enough Arvin lol

Comment

Also you can shoot your compound at any of these places too.

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Thanks Arvin, I will check them out. Busted a couple nocks the other night so its a trip to Double G to get replaced I am staying here in town this weekend so I will probably shoot either way. I will look up Archery country for a number.
                      Richard

Comment

Working...
                      X