Rick Barbee strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Barbee strings

First off Rick, got the latest order today. Thanks.

Not sure how many of you folks are shooting his strings, but I put one on my Longbow a few weeks ago and WOW. Today my order for my Longbow back up and my recurve strings arrived. Just put one on a recurve and love this string as well. If you have not tried one you should. My Sarrels bows love them as much as I do.

Glenn

Glenn what is the difference in those and the ones Bob puts on the bows? Are there any performance differences? Quieter?? Thanks Jason

Comment

Hey Glenn, THANKS !!!!!

I thought those Black/Ivory/HunterGreen combo material strings turned out real nice.
      That was the first time I had done strings with just that one material.

Rick

Comment

Glenn, I ordered one for my new blacktail recurve a couple of weeks ago. I am in hopes when I get it,it will quiet down my recurve.If it dont I will be twisting up a dacron string for it.Have you noticed the skinny strings are quieter than normal strings?

Comment

Jason, they are 9 strand and they are a bit faster. They are 0 stretch and I have to say my bows are quieter. I have not put a chrono on them but I see the difference in the impact point.

Glenn

Comment

Rick they are super sharp looking. They turned out better than I pictured.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by stikshooter View Post
              Glenn, I ordered one for my new blacktail recurve a couple of weeks ago. I am in hopes when I get it,it will quiet down my recurve.If it dont I will be twisting up a dacron string for it.Have you noticed the skinny strings are quieter than normal strings?
              The string that came on the bow I think was a bit louder and it was a 12 strand. So I will say the 9 is quieter.

Glenn

Comment

Glenn if you don't mind me asking are you shooting 9 strands on the 70# bows? Just curious

Comment

John,

I am shooting the 9 strand on my 70# Longbow. If you look on Ricks website I think the 9 strand is good for 85#. I will have to look to double check, or Rick might answer before I can confirm. I have about 400 shots on the string already and the brace height has not move at all.

Glenn

Comment

Glen, you got it right.

9 strand - up to 85#
                    12 strand - 85# - 95#
                    15 strand - Above 95#

But

I regularly shoot 9 strands on my bows that are over 90#.

The strand recommendation is mainly to keep folks from having to deal with the initial creep (which still isn't much) on the heavier draw weight bows.

John, I've shot low strand count strings (even as low as 6 strands) on my bows that ranged in draw weight from 87# to 98# for many years. Literally hundreds of thousands of shots. I personally have never had one break, and that's saying a lot considering the abuse they take on those bows.

To date I only know of two of my strings at 9 strands that have broken, and both of those were arrow nock & nock point related, and would have broken any string under those conditions.

Rick

Comment

Thinking about this brought back a memory of times long ago, that put a smile on my face.

Back in the mid 80's through the mid to late 90's I went to many a shoot where folks did not want to shoot in my group because they were scared of my skinny string .

Still makes me laugh to think about it.

Rick

Comment

Rick's strings are all I use now. Glad I discovered them....might as well use
                        the best.

Comment

So Glenn is the one holding up the assembly line!

Waiting patiently, Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            Rick's strings are all I use now. Glad I discovered them....might as well use
                            the best.
                            Thank you Kind Sir.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            So Glenn is the one holding up the assembly line!

Waiting patiently, Rick!
                            LOL Bobby - durn it, you done went & made me feel bad.
                            Not really, but it does bother me to be behind. Nothing I can do but keep pluggin at em.

I went & looked for you, and the good news is - you now only have two orders ahead of you, and your string will be among the lot of orders I start on tomorrow.

Rick

Comment

Thanks for the update Rick. I'm very glad to hear you are busy. :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X