Adjustable ride-height shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has these? I want to level out my 2013 F150 soon but I’m not sure what price point I would be looking at for the parts and installation. The shops around here that I have stopped in only offer coil spacers, and won’t install parts that you buy online and bring to them.

Are Bilsteins the only option? Anyone know of shops in the north Houston area that can either order and install or just install?

Are there any other parts I would need, or just the shocks?

For those that have done this before, what was the all-in expense?

Thanks for any advice.

I believe Rancho makes some adjustable shocks also but from everything Ive read bilstein is the way to go

Comment

I have the Bilsteins on my 2013 F150 4WD. I absolutely love them. All you need are the shocks, no spacers or risers or adapters..... I installed myself. Rented spring compressors from Autozone. If your not comfy pay a local shop to install. I used the second notch from the highest and it looks perfect.

Comment

I have Bilstein 5100’s on my 4runner and they’re great. Help a lot with body roll, nose dive, they look good, and provide a better-than-factory ride all for around $450 for all 4 corners.

Last edited by kae006; 01-13-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Bilstien is the way to go. That's what I'm about to put on my wife's F150

Comment

For F-150's Bilstein is by far the most popular option for adjustable struts; Eibach makes them as well but I couldn't find any decent reviews about their performance/quality so Bilstein got my money!

Don't max them out unless you plan on doing airbags or an AAL in the rear to compensate for the "reverse rake" when hauling a load or towing a trailer. I ended up using the 1.25" option(middle setting) and that left me with just enough rake to maintain a level attitude when I load the truck down.

Expect to pay around $300 for labor & alignment, the best price I found for the struts was $232 for the pair from Stage3Motorsports.

Comment

Thanks for the info, y’all. This is helpful.

Comment

I have the Ranch Quick lift with over 60k miles on them with no problems.

Comment

I was on the Bilstein train for a while. I bought the 4600 series first, the yellow and blue, and wasn’t impressed with on road driving. They were extremely stiff imo.

Then I bought the 5100s and while they are better, still very stiff for on road driving.

If there’s an option for fox components for your rig, I would look into it

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                    Who has these? I want to level out my 2013 F150 soon but I’m not sure what price point I would be looking at for the parts and installation. The shops around here that I have stopped in only offer coil spacers, and won’t install parts that you buy online and bring to them.

Are Bilsteins the only option? Anyone know of shops in the north Houston area that can either order and install or just install?

Are there any other parts I would need, or just the shocks?

For those that have done this before, what was the all-in expense?

Thanks for any advice.

Just curious why you are against coil spacers? Been running them on my F150 since 2008 and had ZERO issues with them. MAYBE 1 mpg less, maybe....

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Can’t speak for the OP, but coil spacers aren’t ideal for leveling pickups. In my case I have a HD, so improved ride quality would be my purpose as well as leveling. I’d do coils if it was me.

Comment

5100’s in my Tundra. I really enjoy them.

Comment

Working...
                        X