Best Deep-V boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Deep-V boat?

I'm in the market for a new boat. I'm looking at deep-v models. If you have one what are the pros and cons?

Sold Lowe for a long time. They make a quality deep v

Comment

I’ve got a Seafox but not sure if that qualify. I like a deep v Hull.

Comment

In these Florida Everglades, as mentioned the Lowe boat, all aluminium are hard to beat for getting on plane in shallow water and fishing skinny water.

For a deep V aluminium I assume ? Lund always made a tough rough water boat as far as I recall. I prefer 100% aluminium no wood.

In fibreglass I’ve always been a Stratos boy. I’d take a Champion for big water. I hear [emoji1529], haven’t driven one, but heard, their whole shot is not the best. Probably because of all the heft.

What are some of the other aluminium boats ? Alumincraft, War Eagle ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Offshore, Inshore, Freshwater? Deep Entry, or deep all the way to transom? Are you ok with rocking a lot in the chop while stationary, how long of a boat?

Too many variables.

Comment

Way better options for getting on step quick than deep v. Probally the last option id look for in a shallow boat.

Champion hasn't built a boat in years, don't think stratos makes a deep v and lund gonna get ate in the saltwater

Biggest con is rocking in rough seas or listing when 2 or more people are on one side. Trim tabs will correct it while runnin
            Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-25-2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Lund is top of the line, if you ever fish in Canada that's all they have is deep v boats. Lowe is good too.

Comment

Here's a pic of my Texas Maid.........
                25 horse Buckaneer ..... and Stick Steering.....
                Loved this lady.......
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1165.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	24540012

Comment

Lund is what the the Walleye Pros run on the Great Lakes, They have plenty of rough/chop water there.

Comment

Doing a 180 looks like a 198DLV Carolina Skiff may be in my future.

Comment

I was at Bass Pro this weekend and looked at their Tracker Targa's. It's a deep V like you would see Minnesota or on the great lakes. I was impressed with how the boat was setup and how nice it was to have a deep area to sit in. We take our dogs fishing with us so it seems like it would keep them safe when we were running. Lot's of storage and live wells too.

My only concern is the big ole wind shield. When I crappie fish in the trees I could see hitting a branch and breaking one.

Comment

would never own a tracker even if it was free i would sell it and buy a lund or alumacraft

Comment

I really like the G3's at Blackbeard Marine with Yamaha's. The Lunds at North Texas Marine on Ray Roberts have Mercury and I'll never have another one of them !!

Comment

What are you planning to use it for? Don't see many of those in TX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 21.5' Auqasport dual console. I fish Westbay and can go out 30plus miles offshore.
                              It will also ski. When I was in the market I wanted something that could do all of the above and have plenty of freeboard as my kids were all little.

I don't think they make my boat anymore but if you find a used one they are a beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X