Ranger High Rack 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger High Rack 3.0

In my quest for the perfect Ranger rack, I decided to build one entirely different than the previous two. Although I just finished it, I think l'll like it. I can see some advantages and disadvantages from my previous style, so we will see.

Material list: 2 - 33.5" x 3"angle, 3 sticks of 1" square, half stick of 3/4" square, 4- 9" turn buckles, 14- 1/4x1 bolts and lockers, 14- t-nuts, 2- 1/2" bolts and nuts, 2- 1/4x 2", 2 yards material of your choice, foam of your choice (any furniture place has the material and paint , auto upholstery places were too high), staples and plywood 1- 53x16, 1-53x18, 1/2 inch thick and finally..... the time.

Best of all ...... Family approved.

Looks like you nailed it !!! That should work out perfectly. Guess most everyone uses rechargeable spotlights now days, but some plug ins for spotlights might be a good addition up top. Looks good man.

Comment

Looks sturdy and comfortable. I like it.

Comment

Looks nice!

Comment

Make sure you put a dog collar or something to secure the Bed to cab. The Polaris bed latches fail.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Make sure you put a dog collar or something to secure the Bed to cab. The Polaris bed latches fail.
            Heed this warning. I put. 500ft roll of 3/0 wire on my ranger rack and the latch opened up while I was driiving, I think the front end came off the ground, it scared the c%#p out of me.
            The spool was full when it tipped, this Is after about 400 ft was used.

Comment

^^^

Mine did that with a whole elk in the back. Two of us had to jump on the front to get it to latch back. Good times

Comment

Oh yeah, I've seen the wrath of latch failures. Mine is bolted through tabs.

Great advice for sure.

Comment

Cool build! Buddy of mine on here built this one.
                  They got great use out of it but sold the ranger so now it’s mine for time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice build

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Working...
                      X