Look for a bow I'm a new bow hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for a bow I'm a new bow hunter

My girlfriend and her dad love bow hunting never done it any ideas for a bow

Go out and shoot as many as you can. Find the one you like and fits you the best. Thats what i did.

Comment

Def. go shoot a few and depends on what budget you're on.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryTexan View Post
        Go out and shoot as many as you can. Find the one you like and fits you the best. Thats what i did.
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by CountryTexan View Post
          this^^^^

Comment

This goes against popular opinion, but Cabela's has some pretty good ready to hunt packages for the beginner. Thats how I got started.

Comment

I did the same but I wish I wouldnt have. My bow shot terrible, took it to archery country and after they put their hands on it its awesome. I also wish I would have saved up and bought a much better bow too, if your just wondering and not real sure if you will like it shoot them then decide. I found them addicting so much that I have not touched my rifles in a while.

Comment

That's what I keep hearing thanks for the help

Comment

Your best bet is to visit a pro shop. Most shops are more than willing to help answer any questions you may have and will let you test shoot several different bows. That's actually what I have been doing and it's really helped me narrow down to which bow I'm going to get

Comment

Can't say anything about the bow shops around your area but the one in Alavardo has great people working there that'd help you out any way they can. I recommend you go early in the morning as it's around that time where everybodys bringing their bows in to get it ready for bow season

Comment

Well if your looking for a bow I'm selling my Hoyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Treehunter View Post
                        Your best bet is to visit a pro shop. Most shops are more than willing to help answer any questions you may have and will let you test shoot several different bows. That's actually what I have been doing and it's really helped me narrow down to which bow I'm going to get
                        x2

Comment

Hey, and don't rule out a crossbow in your search. They're cool and (except for the handling aspect) shoot about like a vertical ballistically.

Comment

I agree, this is what I did

Comment

Can't say anything about the bow shops around your area but the one in Alavardo has great people working there that'd help you out any way they can. I recommend you go early in the morning as it's around that time where everybodys bringing their bows in to get it ready for bow season
                              X100 Alvarado has some of the most knowledgable, friendly, and helpful staff I have ever dealt with anywhere

Comment

Working...
                              X