No announcement yet.

Worst Thing You Ever Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey calls... Bought them with ZERO interest in turkey hunting ever. Had a buddy tell me I'd never learn. I learned, figured WTH, might as well go turkey hunting. That $7 purchase has cost me THOUSANDS chasing turkeys

Comment

I see a pattern here vehicles and wedding rings!

Comment

^^^^What is up with that?? Love me some Dodge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ramos104 View Post
          time to see all the yetis go up
          X2

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
            Turkey calls... Bought them with ZERO interest in turkey hunting ever. Had a buddy tell me I'd never learn. I learned, figured WTH, might as well go turkey hunting. That $7 purchase has cost me THOUSANDS chasing turkeys
            Yep, mine was a $15 dollar Lynch Fool Proof box call in 1985. I was 10 years old and spent every dime I had. Over the last 28 years what started with $15 has probably turned in a down payment on my own ranch!

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
              [ATTACH]504578[/ATTACH]With out a doubt, this would be it! Thank the Lord i may a pretty decrnt living because this hunka junk has cost me over 13k since thanksgiving..... Cant keep it outta the shop long enough to get rid of it!
              Man you mus have gotten a lemon. Mine has 250 k on it and rarely ever an issue.

Comment

new travel trailer.

Comment

Ithaca Model 51 featherlight shotgun about this time last year at the Saxet for $300. Can't shoot twice without jamming.

And the worse part... Sold the 20ga 870 express that my pops got me to a friend to fund the Ithaca purchase. Within a week I told him he could still have it, but I'm going to be buying it back from him at some point.

Comment

Back in college I made a lot of money in the summers working in Alaska. The first year I came back I was 20, flush with cash and in need of a car. My Dad said, "whatever you do, buy something reliable - and nothing foreign!" So what do I end up buying? A 1970 Triumph GT6! Dad just shook his head and said "Well, I guess some lessons you just have to learn for yourself" It was an absolute blast to drive and the girls thought it was cool. That is, they thought it was cool when it was running, which was not very often. First of all, I had no idea how to work on it (it had dual Stromberg carburetors) There was one guy in town that DID know how to work on it and he charged a king's ransom. After I'd had it only 6 months, I cross-threaded the filter when changing the oil - - yep, it all leaked out and ruined the engine. Instead of junking the car I bought a used engine and had it installed. After just over a year of owning it I had spent as much on repairs as I had on the original purchase. I finally got rid of it at a huge loss. Lesson learned.

Comment

Set of encyclopedias

Comment

Smith & Wesson Sigma .40

Comment

i can't type that much w/o getting carpel tunnel

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                            My first wife's wedding ring and a Chevy Chevette wagon...
                            My mom had a powder blue chevette hatchback when I was very young, still remember playing in the back of that thing. It caught on fire and never saw it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              new travel trailer.
                              Same here. Didn't get near the use out of it to justify the expense. I was more than pleased to watch someone else pull it out of my driveway in the end.

Comment

a foundered horse, remote controlled fart machine for my child, and the first set of wedding rings

Comment

Working...
                                X