No announcement yet.

Bay of Campeche System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it hits LA like they are projecting will the beaches on Padre be affected any mid next week? Good or bad for fishing? Will be there next thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
      If it hits LA like they are projecting will the beaches on Padre be affected any mid next week? Good or bad for fishing? Will be there next thursday.
      This is what I'm curious about too. I'll be there Thursday as well.

Comment

I would guess no impact whatsoever.

Comment

I think you would have pretty good conditions, if not perfect for a beach outing at Padre.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            This

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              That would be great! I am not much of a beach goer. I just did not know if it would dirty the water and wash up lots of seaweed or whatever else.

Comment

Growing up 20min from South Padre, I recall one of my highschool science teachers always calling in sick whenever there was a storm in the Gulf. He always came back tan. I forgot to mention he was a surfer. All that being said the surf may be rough. Careful with rip currents.

Comment

Check out Levi’s analysis.

Tropical weather and Atlantic hurricane information, analysis, and forecasts by Levi Cowan.

Comment

Tropical Storm watch now up on the coast from Intracoastal City La to the AL/FL state line.
                    Hasn’t regained TS status just yet but only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                      Thanks for that info, I emailed them and received a similar reaponse.
                      We just got word they cancelled the 12 hour trip. But apparently they're still doing the afternoon 4 hour bay/jetty fishing trip.

Y'all that are old salts in the Galveston area, is there good fishing in the bay and jetties when a storm is coming in?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                        We just got word they cancelled the 12 hour trip. But apparently they're still doing the afternoon 4 hour bay/jetty fishing trip.

Y'all that are old salts in the Galveston area, is there good fishing in the bay and jetties when a storm is coming in?

It can be really good just depends on what the tide is doing while you're out there. Thanks for letting me know they haven't contacted me yet.

Comment

Is this on a large party boat or on a bay type boat with a guide and your party? If it's a large party boat deal, I used to go on these types of trips down in Port Isabel when I was a kid. Typically we caught whiting and sand trout. There is always a chance of catching other type of fish but the only real excitement I ever had was catching a cownose ray. Those types of trips are great for kids cause the action can be pretty consistent. Whiting are good eating buy I seen to remember that they get mushy if you freeze them.
                          Last edited by SneakyPhil; 06-05-2020, 12:27 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                            Is this on a large party boat or on a bay type boat with a guide and your party? If it's a large party boat deal, I used to go on these types of trips down in Port Isabel when I was a kid. Typically we caught whiting and sand trout. There is always a chance of catching other type of fish but the only real excitement I ever had was catching a cownose ray. Those types of trips are great for kids cause the action can be pretty consistent. Whiting are good eating buy I've seen to remember that they get mushy if you freeze them.
                            Yeah our go to alternative on such short notice was a party boat. According to the company they'll go after drum and sheepshead.

Comment

the best fishing ive ever had in the salt was the 10 days before ike wrecked us on bolivar. fished 7 of the 10 and they are probably my 1-7 on top 10 days for trout. numbers and quality. we caught some pigs, one after another that week in the surf. not sure if the storm had anything to do with it, but the water cleared up to a nice trout green, and was laid down. now the storms since then haven't produced like ike did, but the potential is there.

Comment

Working...
                              X