My trip on the water with Garguy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trip on the water with Garguy

I sure had a great time yesterday! Me, Steve (Garguy), and my son Tyler (Silentstalker92) spend the day chasing Gar.
    Tyler ended up getting about an 80 pound gator gar, and a good sized needle nose gar. We saw several good fish throughout the day.
    I was holding off for at least a 7 footer. We did see a couple that would fit the bill, but they were not cooperating. The wind was our enemy after a great start to the morning. The water turned rough with 20mph winds. The forecast called for 6-8mph.

Garguy was still able to get me on a great trophy fish! I had a broadsided shot at 10 yards and blew it! I've never seen so many big gar, and even though I missed my chance we had an incredible day.
    I was thankful my son was able to come and take his biggest fish ever. It was a great time, and Steve was an awesome guide who did everything possible to make this trip one to remember.
    Thanks Steve!

A couple videos of my sons fish

and a video of me missing a 200lb fish at 10 yards !

What do y'all think? Was the shot too high, too low? It's hard to see the fish on video, but I sure though I hit him......until I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-28-2019, 02:53 PM.

Sounds like an awesome trip. Congrats to your son. That miss brings back memories of Venice. ��

Comment

Dang! Sure wish I could have gone with y'all!! Can't believe you missed that big of a fish!! Dang boy! You just gotta go back and try again! Oh and you need to give Tyler some smilin' lessons!!

Congratulations y'all of a great trip!

Comment

He was missing a lot of fish when we were in Venice but those were little 18” reddish. Figured it’d be hard to miss a big ‘un like that. Lol

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like it was an awesome trip!

Comment

I likey!!![emoji106] 7 footer is equal to a B&C whitetail.....they ain't under every stump though!!! Glad yall got out there ......I'm ready for next weeks trip!![emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a good time for sure. Congrats again Jeff. And as Charlie says...tell Tyler to smile every now and then.

Comment

Thanks for the update looks like a great time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice haul AC!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    I likey!!![emoji106] 7 footer is equal to a B&C whitetail.....they ain't under every stump though!!! Glad yall got out there ......I'm ready for next weeks trip!![emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Oscar, you didn't go Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Dang! Sure wish I could have gone with y'all!! Can't believe you missed that big of a fish!! Dang boy! You just gotta go back and try again! Oh and you need to give Tyler some smilin' lessons!!

Congratulations y'all of a great trip!

I actually had more pics of him, but that boy never smiled

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        He was missing a lot of fish when we were in Venice but those were little 18” reddish. Figured it’d be hard to miss a big ‘un like that. Lol

That "was" my excuse for missing so many in Venice. Hard to justify missing a 200 pound 7' fish, but I found a way

Comment

Looks like the son got it done! Congrats on some great eat-n.

Comment

I hate I had to pass that up sure want to give it a go before it's too late. Especially for a wedding. Maybe next time.

Hard for me to tell on the miss

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I see (Gar Balls) in your future...ENJOY

Comment

Working...
                              X