What type of string do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Stalker coyote and have been using the flemish string that comes with it but I am not sure what it is made of. I recently ordered a B50 Dacron from Tenring strings and shot with it yesterday. I feel like it was quieter but not sure about any difference in arrow speed. So just curious what type everyone else uses.

Fast flight material BCY D-10

Comment

Bcyx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a D97 string on my Stalker. I really like the BCYx and wish they had not discontinued it. I will probably try a Rampage or X99 string when it comes time to replace it.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The strings I make out of B50 Dacron. After what seemed endless experimenting with all things archery for 30 years, I just haven't changed any thing for the last 20 years

Comment

Mostly D97 some D10. Older bows D50. I haven’t tried any of the newer stuff yet I still have extra strings left of D97 maybe one day I will try the last materials once I those are gone.

Comment

I like Brownell's RHINO.

It's as good as anything out there, and is superb for building flemish strings with.

Rick

Comment

What Draco said.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

8190f. 14 strands and double serving is perfect for most nocks.

Comment

I shoot the SBD strings and they are the BCY D-10. skinny strings love em on all of my Bows.

Comment

Im a huge fan of Steve at Mountain Muffle Bowstrings. Ive been using his BCY-X and D97 strings with mufflers and puffs but In just ordered a set in X99 to see if I notice any different in the way that material shoots.

Comment

I’ve shot 16 strands of D97 a lot and like it . I went to a D 10 8 strand skinny string once . Bow shot great and was quiet . Knock fit sucked and I was consistently have to serve with dental floss to keep it tight . String broke after a few thousand shots . Went back to D 97 last year and the bow shot great like always and was good and quiet . Bought a string in s pinch from rms gear and they didn’t have d97 ( they didn’t tell me ) and sent 22 strand of fary material .so far bow shoots lights out and quiet . Knock fit is a little loose so it’s just gonna get worse but I’ll run with it and see how she shoots come turkey season . Maybe I won’t miss so many this year lol

Comment

Originally posted by PresTex View Post
                          Im a huge fan of Steve at Mountain Muffle Bowstrings. Ive been using his BCY-X and D97 strings with mufflers and puffs but In just ordered a set in X99 to see if I notice any different in the way that material shoots.

I’ve got an X99 string on my Blueridge long bow from Steve. I used to shoot D97. From my experience there is not much difference in performance and tuning. The X 99 string is quieter than the D97.

Bisch

Comment

With Draco. The Strings from B50 Dacron that I make. Sure there is a slight advantage to using new materials, but I like what I have and the feel of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              I’ve got an X99 string on my Blueridge long bow from Steve. I used to shoot D97. From my experience there is not much difference in performance and tuning. The X 99 string is quieter than the D97.

Bisch

Got one of the X99 strings set up last week and shot it out at the Fredericksburg shoot. Liking it so far. Very close in performance to my BCY-X string and seems to be quiet. Stretched a little initially but we’ll see if I get any more creep.

Comment

Working...
                              X