Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anyone tagged an untitled trailer lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
    I modified my utility trailer to haul 2 kayaks. 4 bolts to loosen and it on or off.
    This is what I'm shooting for right now. My first try I had the PVC too close together. From the looks of yours, I need to spread it out almost to the edge of the yak?
    How far apart are yours?
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tgil; 04-29-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
      This is what I'm shooting for right now. My first try I had the PVC too close together. From the looks of yours, I need to spread it out almost to the edge of the yak?
      How far apart are yours?
      Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I measured the channels on the bottom of my Kayak. Then built it to where the PVC would fit in the channels. I want to say it was about 15" on center for the channels. Going center to center on the PVC that is.

Comment

Waller co told me last year that the homemade trailer scheme was changed 2 yrs ago. Mine was reg. previously but I didnt know by who. I had to track them down . I had to fill out a paper with the previous owners info on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Last edited by TX_H-F; 04-29-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

When I got my trailer tags this year, they asked me what color the trailer was. Never been asked that before. I'm building a new trailer now and taking multiple pictures of the build, so I don't get hassled when I go in for tags.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
            When I got my trailer tags this year, they asked me what color the trailer was. Never been asked that before. I'm building a new trailer now and taking multiple pictures of the build, so I don't get hassled when I go in for tags.
            Good idea. When I finally got mine tagged they told me if I ever built one to be sure and take plenty of pics throughout the build to show them. This was in Orange county

Comment

Anything under 4K doesn’t need title. Over that and you have to go through the process. If you have farm exempt you don’t need title. You can do it with bill of sale.

Also keep the 26k rule in mind but that’s a whole different issue.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                you don't HAVE to have a title, like others have said, just go register it. Its not up to the clerk to give you trouble over it. I hate these counties trying to rob all the citizens within them.
                I was told by Orange county I needed a title. Looks like every county may do things a little different.

this was for a small trailer for a 16ft aluminum boat.

Comment

Working...
                X