Chevy stereo replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy stereo replacement

I want to surprise my son with a new stereo for his 2005 chevy silverado for his birthday. He has the 2005 factory stereo. I want to get him something that had bluetooth and an aux connection. On top of that, I want it to fit in the hole and not require additional trim to make it fit.

What would be best, look for an aftermarket brand or look for a new chevy replacement with the options I want? I would love for it to have all the same plugs in the back.

Just buy the aftermarket radio you like with the correct dash kit and wiring harness and it should be pretty plug and play .

Comment

youll need a wiring harness for the new radio, there is two options, one thats a basic harness, and one that keeps the door chimes etc(low fuel chime etc). Youll need a dash kit for the truck and whatever radio you would like, id suggest a dual din radio as it would take up the space in the dash better.

Comment

amazon would have these as well, but examples of what youll need.

Comment

You’ll need the dash kit for your year truck, wiring harness, and an antenna adapter most likely. The screens that are “full size” are called Double Din. They’ll fill up the opening with minimal trim around the screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since 1974 we've provided Legendary Service to consumer electronics shoppers. Get FREE 2-day shipping, one-on-one advice, along with free lifetime tech support.

The last few I've done, I bought from these guys. You tell them what it is going in and they include everything you need & instructions.

It is really simple. And they have good prices.

Comment

Crutchfield

Comment

Buy him a gift certificate from somewhere like car toys. Then he can pick what he wants in it.

Comment

The crutchfield route is the way to go. I helped my son do his entire system with crutchfield. I guided him through the whole installation. Kind of a right of passage for teenage boys to install their own stereo!

Lord knows i had tons of experience doing all mine and my buddys when i was a teen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crutchfield or Car Toys best bet.

Comment

Crutchfield

Just did a pioneer avh-2440nex in the wife's 2011 Tahoe

Added backup camera also

Crutchfield will build a custom wiring harness for $25

Absolutely worth it

If you buy from crutchfield.com you get lifetime tech support

Just call them

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out a few youtube videos, plenty out there to give you the confidence to DYI.

Comment

Crutchfield is absolutely the way to go, they can set you up with plug and play harnesses, and an antenae adapter. That model dash surround pops rite off with a good tug, and the head unit slides out on rails when you push two tabs.

Upgrade the rear speakers as well. That unit will likely push 45w per, and the factory rig is probably around 9.

Comment

Crutchfield says I need to cut out a metal bracket in the back of the old stereo location to fit the new one in.

Comment

We finally got time last night to replace it. Crutchfield made it easy. He is really excited about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X