Teacher Pay raises, Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    Some you guys need to be out working on your "money accounts" so you can pay for these teacher raises

Lmao! Called my bank earlier to see about opening up one of them there money accounts and after the young lady and her co-workers quit laughing, she told me them there money accounts are for high rollers and wanted to know how the likes of me knew about em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lmao

Comment

My mattress is a mostly stuffed, money account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bauce302 View Post
          I had relations with your wife.
          This guy...

Comment

Thing is he said he had a money account that basically no one on here could sniff so he needs to spill the beans

Is it 6,7,8,9 or 10 figures and either high or low in thse figures sch as high 6 figures or low 7 figures. Just curious since he spouted off about his money account!

Mine is low 7 figures that I love sniffing !!!!!!

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post

wife works for HISD... it drives me crazy, between their spending and the amount of "new arrivals".... don't even get me started on the Tuberculosis issue they had last year
              New arrivals make them money (on paper) so they welcome them with open arms (well it brings in money, usually requires more for maintaining it)....so does designating a perfectly fine & lazy kid as some form of SPED. You have some districts that will do pull outs for these kids now instead of having legit GT programs to try to assist with Gap Achievement. You know how hard you have to try to *******ize GT?

Comment

Raises!

Comment

I'm getting here late, Nutshell, when will teachers get these raises? Or will they be a bonus check?

Comment

I will tell you this, I did not look at salaries in 1975 when I wanted to coach. Started at a base pay rate of $8600 per year and $50 per month for driving a bus with 80 screaming kids every morning and $1500 coaching stipend. My 3rd and last year to coach/teach at a salary of the bus/stipend and that salary with another coach keeping count of the time we were at school, at a game or whatever that had to do with our kids, WE averaged .52 cents per hour for that year!

I left after 3 years for the private sector and got back into the teaching field as a Teaching Assistant/Para Professional in Dec of 2102. got my Elementary Certificate in the summer of 2015, could not even get an interview being 63/64, got my Special Ed certification in the summer of 2016 and got hired as the SEBSS teacher at Ramirez Elementary in Lubbock. Taught there until last year when I was transferred to Wester Elementary to start a new program at the school for ED kids. Next year will be my last, but I would still like a raise.

AND, I still challenge anyone to come and stand and work in my shoes for a week and tell me we have enough pay for what we do. I challenge you!!!!!!!!! My salary is slightly over $45,000 per year, but as most teachers have said, I spend a lot of money out of my own pocket for these kids.

Comment

Mudslinger—I completely understand your point but should my SIL who is teaching 1st grade making low $60s per year get the same raise you would get making $45 a year? Now granted she is in the 2nd highest paying district in the state but a blanket raise is not fair

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        Mudslinger—I completely understand your point but should my SIL who is teaching 1st grade making low $60s per year get the same raise you would get making $45 a year? Now granted she is in the 2nd highest paying district in the state but a blanket raise is not fair

A blanket raise isn’t fair but it’s better than no raise. Can you imagine the lawsuits? They’d be drawn on racial and socio-economic lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          Agreed and no way is there an out or fix to this without pissing off people. Some say no until we cut the fat, get rid of the waist but the school districts are no different than our government. The waste and fat comes from our Central office and others and do you think for obe sdcond they are going to cut their salary or waste?

Read the papers and reports today snd see what TX is facing in fines for cutting Special Ed funds, not Gen Ed funds but Special Ed funds. Thdy want us to help these kids almost like a one one one situation but will not give us the people. Our district motto is “Every child every day” when in reality all they look at is numbers. I have 16 kids with halve of them needing and federally mandated one one one help when we only have 5 TA’s. Federally mandated IEP’s and services is just that do it or else!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I'd vote for $10,000...
                            ...or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Agreed and no way is there an out or fix to this without pissing off people. Some say no until we cut the fat, get rid of the waist but the school districts are no different than our government. The waste and fat comes from our Central office and others and do you think for obe sdcond they are going to cut their salary or waste?

Read the papers and reports today snd see what TX is facing in fines for cutting Special Ed funds, not Gen Ed funds but Special Ed funds. Thdy want us to help these kids almost like a one one one situation but will not give us the people. Our district motto is “Every child every day” when in reality all they look at is numbers. I have 16 kids with halve of them needing and federally mandated one one one help when we only have 5 TA’s. Federally mandated IEP’s and services is just that do it or else!!
                              The ol’ mainstreaming without actually mainstreaming technique by the Feds at hand...and if they really need to get kicked out of school they find a way to homebound them. At the HS level I hate having to go into those resource classrooms, I’d rather go hang out with the life skills kids.

Comment

Originally posted by bauce302 View Post
                                I had relations with your wife.
                                You wouldn't even sniff my relations

Comment

Working...
                                X