Pierced ears on an infant daughter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I've heard some winder likkin' things in my life but we might just have hit the top five with that..
    What a "winder likkin' thing" might look like.

Comment

Lots of women get it done to their daughters very early when they don't have enough hair to be able to tell its a girl. Also, a lot of moms out there had it done to them very early so it's only normal to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
        A couple that we know just had a daughter a few months ago. They are very close friends of ours. The wife mentioned the other day that she was considering getting the new infant daughter's ears pierced. And we saw on FB yesterday that she went through with it.

I had no idea people would actually do this. Is this actually a common thing? We dont have kids yet, but my wife and I were talking about it. We pretty much agreed that this is something that we would wait and let her decide when she wanted to do it, but only after we say no a few times, and that she's too young.

That just seemed so strange to me, and almost just.....wrong. I dunno, what do y'all think?
        We had Abigails ears pierced when she was a couple month old.

Comment

when does season open again?

Comment

I wanna say our daughter was about 5 weeks old, but I have been so busy spoiling her since then I may not be remembering right. At 17, she is the youngest of 5 daughters. Hers were the easiest to deal with. Never had an issue with infection. Never had to deal with them getting lost. She was asleep during procedure and never even woke up.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
              We had my daughters done at 4 months. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Forcing ear rings on her AND hunting.... You animal...

Comment

Wife wanted them done when she was a few months old, I didn't and wanted to wait, BUT it wasn't a big enough issue to care about and just let it go.

My angel is almost 4 now and loves her various earrings.

Comment

this issue has been discussed at our house lately so i was glad this came up. Not only did i gain some insight, but got a little entertainment as well. The wifey wants them done so she wont remember the pain while i would prefer to wait for no other reason than it becomes a decision she makes on her own

Comment

I've got 3 teenage daughters, none of whom have pierced ears, and none of them want pierced ears. I would never have an infant's ears pierced.

Comment

In my culture girls get their ears pierced as a infant. I believe that as parents we brought this kid into our culture and that's the way we do things. Sounds like its more productive having done early any way. Plus I'm trying to think of a single straight chic that I've knows from highs school on that didnt wear earrings.

Comment

It seems more common for baby girls to have this done than not. I don't see anything wrong with it if that is what the parent decides. With that being said, my wife and I decided that ours would wait until they were old enough to want it for themselves and were old enough to be able to help take care of them. I believe both of our daughters were around 4 or 5

Comment

Every once in a while I like to stir the pot a little just to see what I can get away with. Ya'll should see some of the things I do at WalMart

Everytime I see a girl with nose piercings I always ask them if that's a dried booger or is it hard to pick their nose or which finger do they use.
                          Sometimes I comment on what a nice fishing lure they have hanging in their ear and if I can borrow it sometime. At 70 years old I don't scare as many people as I used to but it's still fun trying.

Comment

I don't have a real opinion about it either way. As far as it being "appropriate" to make the decision for them to have earrings, I'm not sure I know any adult women who don't have their ears pierced, so I imagine it would happen sooner or later anyways.

The "putting them through pain" part of it isn't really a big deal IMO either. It can't hurt that bad and they are going to have other painful experiences. Getting circumcised can't be a whole lot of fun either.

The most logical argument for waiting to me is them being responsible for cleaning and taking care of it. With all the other duties of caring for an infant, I don't see a reason to add another.

Comment

Working...
                            X