No announcement yet.

What to get for a 1st traditional bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 50# Quinn Stallion Classic that I will be taking hunting on a trip to IL. I'll be driving to my son's house near Atlanta on Thursday and we'll get up early Friday and drive to Southern IL.

I've had the Stallion about 3 weeks and I finally got it to shooting the way I wanted yesterday and I'm now ready to go. I had a flipper rest and plunger installed, but the hole for the plunger is just drilled too high for me.

Budro at the Archery Shop had a Weatherest hanging on the wall, so I installed it. I was able to drop it down close to the shelf and it moved the arrow about 1/4" closer to my hand. That 1/4" made a significant difference.

The bow is now shooting tight groups out to 20 yards. I'll not be shooting at bucks this year as I couldn't swing the $365 for the buck and doe tag. However, I can handle the $56 non-resident license plus $15 per over the counter doe tag.

I'll be looking for some thick stuff with dead falls and hunting on the ground and mixing in some stalking. I'm ready to go, except for washing all of my hunting clothing and getting it packed.

I bought the bow from Tollgate Archery in NY state for $230 plus shipping. They still have a 45# Stallion Classic in stock the last time I looked, but it is $245. They bought it after Quinn increased their prices for the first time in 5 years. It is still a great price for an excellent shooting bow.

Bill
    Last edited by WildmanSC; 10-29-2006, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X