First Bear Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bear Hunt

I was invited to hunt bear in Ontario Canada by a friend I met on Facebook.

I had seen this bear the first hunt but he had came in right at dark and I decided not to risk a shot. We had trail cam pics from that spot and after reviewing the pictures, we decided if I saw him again I should definitely shoot!
    We only hunt evenings so I went back to the same spot the second evening. Around 8:30 I had 3 cubs come to the bait and feed alone. About half an hour later a sow came down the trail but wouldn’t come to the bait. She would circle in and out real nervous. I figured the big boar was ruling this bait. About 9:15pm I see another bear coming in. It was the big boar! The sow charged him and the cubs ran up trees. The boar wasn’t going to let the sow keep him from his dinner. He charged in and went straight to the bait barrel. With light fading fast, I didn’t waste any time getting him in frame on my video camera and readying myself for a shot. He pulled a donut from the barrel and turned broadside. I drew my Palmer Longbow and watched the Nocturnal nock zip through him sticking into the ground on the far side. He ran about 40 yards and I could hear him struggling to breathe. Double Lunged him!
    It was a great hunt with good friends. I was shooting my Palmer Longbow 47#@26” 64” amo with a Goldtip arrow tipped with a Magnus Classic Single Bevel 175gr head and a 100gr brass insert for a total arrow weight of 554gr 11.7gpp

Congrats on the bear. I'm going to Maine this fall to hunt with the boys from Black Widow. I hunted with them last year but did not get a shot.

Comment

Congratulations on what sounds and looks like an awesome hunt. I hope the good Lord blesses me with an opportunity like that one of these days.

Comment

Congrats sir! Great looking bear! That had to be exciting!

Comment

Congrats Corey!!

Comment

Good looking hide on that boar. Great shot!

Comment

Awesome! Nice bear. Great story. Congratulations. And you did it with trad equipment too. Super cool.

Comment

Too cool.

Comment

Good looking bear. Congrats on a great hunt and fine trophy.

Comment

Man nice hunt & bear, congrats

Comment

Sweet! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Corey!!!!

Congrats again in a great bear.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations on a great bear. Definitely on my bucket list!

Comment

WTG Corey !!!

Congrats !!!

Rick

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X