No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TG, it was Father's Day, you should have been in the shade supervising with a cold one.

Comment

Hushpuppy Man and I, and every body else, would have never gotten to eat if we left it up to everybody else . We decided to cook our Dad some catfish. That's what he likes. Rest of us poor chumps got crappie, sandies, catfish, striper, blackbass, and some Gou . We cooked about 30lbs of fillets, and hushpuppies too, in a 12or 14" pot. Took forever. Nothing like the Cajun fryers I've been using at Bownanza . After I get settled into work, I'ma gonna pick up a cajun fryer.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Carlock, if it was a day like Sunday morning with cooler temps, I'd take ya up on that. That's why I put my boat up for the summer; the warmer temps. I got a little delirious over Fathers Day while outside cooking fish for the family Sunday afternoon. Once you get heat sickness really bad, things are never the same. And it gets easier to get sick again the more ya get sick/over heated.

Looks like I'll be starting back to work on the 10th. Not sure if I'll even get to hunt this year. Or anything else for a while. Got to make it while I can.
        Where yang going to be working at now TG.

Comment

Whitney is letting out a bit of water at just over 4,000 cfs. Sandies and cats should be biting below the dam.

Comment

Whitney not releasing water again. Back to 25cfs. And about a half foot low.

A lake is about 4" high.

Comment

Looks like the upper Brazos River Valley is getting a good soaking. Grandbury already has it's gates flowing at +440cfs. They will prob increase that.

W lake is .75 foot low at the moment.

Comment

Looks like I'm banned probably. Completely forgot about filling out the survey before June 1st. Hopefully everyone else remembered.

Comment

Happy 4th U.S.A.

Comment

ATC, they haven't been banning anyone last few years since I forgot in 2010/2011, you may have to go to the office to do the survey, or mail it in.

Comment

Looks like The Cattle Guard Steak House, formerly The Caddo Street Grill, has already closed down. And from what I read, they didn't have many good reviews.

Oh well. I was hoping they still had the pool tables . Guess it don't matter now.

Comment

lol I don't know if I ever filled it out

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                          lol I don't know if I ever filled it out
                          You better find out.

Comment

Rules state- if you don't fill it out you are banned. I had to go through it, everyone else should too. Call me a ars, but a rule is a rule- unless it impacts the COE campground fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                              You better find out.
                              I didn't lol I'll call them tomorrow and apologize and beg forgiveness all that jazz

Comment

I reserved my camping spots for this year's opening day. We'll be at 12 n 13 stop on by.

Comment

Working...
                                X