Anyone Hunt Hogs on Cellular Cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Hunt Hogs on Cellular Cameras?

I'm looking at cellular cameras to alert me of hogs at feeders for days I'm on the property. The idea being, I can get to the feeder when the hogs are still there (particularly on those late nights).

Is it realistic to use the Spypoint Link-Micro for this or is there too much of a delay when it sends pictures? Its my only reason for needing one and don't want to waste the money if the delay is too long

I use covert its works for me .

Comment

Im not sure what cameras or whatever they used but we had bought a couple of those 30' hog traps from goingfencing.com that sends pictures instantly to your phone on whats in the traps if you go to there website or call them they might have a better answer. If you never seen those traps work there sweet, it would send me pictures or I could take pictures using my phone to see what was in there and hit a button on my phone to close the trap.

Comment

Yes, we hunt a hog light out the kitchen window. You can be in bed or watching tv and wait for the cam to tell you when the hogs are outside. No experience with spypoint, we've only used Coverts.

Comment

I’ve get a newborn and I’ve shot 7 pigs while I’m up giving him a bottle in the middle of the night when my Covert alerted me that there were pigs at the feeder outside of camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
            I'm looking at cellular cameras to alert me of hogs at feeders for days I'm on the property. The idea being, I can get to the feeder when the hogs are still there (particularly on those late nights).

Is it realistic to use the Spypoint Link-Micro for this or is there too much of a delay when it sends pictures? Its my only reason for needing one and don't want to waste the money if the delay is too long
            I bought my first cell camera just to get instant pictures for when hogs are at feeders so I can get there in time. Best hunting purchase I have ever made beside a thermacell. Instead of sitting in a blind for 6 hours waiting on hogs after dark, I get to spend time with the family in the AC until my phone buzzes with a photo and I sneak up on the group of hogs. My wife laughs at me because I have killed a bunch of hogs in my drawers and snakeboots. I keep my suppressed NV rifle waiting by the door so I can run out and get busy.

The more you corn the longer hogs are going to stay under the feeder. I also have added a hog corn pipe to my primary stand so they stay around long enough so I can get there in time, haven't had a problem.

My covert takes the pic and I can view it on my phone within 3-5 seconds. Don't go cheap on a cell camera

Comment

I kill the crap out of them using cameras

Comment

Killed 46 in the last 4 months! Covert alerts within 20-30 seconds and living on the property I can be on them in 3-5 minutes. Just killed a big boar Wednesday night while taking my son camping.

Spypoint Link Micro only sends immediate pics using 12V Battery system. Mine won’t do it with AA Lithium’s. They also recommend it in there setup. Have Spypoint, MoultrieMobile and Covert. Covert is the best and can take pics when I tell it too as I’m stalking.

Comment

I am running the moultrie xa-7000i and you could definitely do it with them. I get pics within 2-3 mins if the cam has good service. In 5ish mins if service is poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Killed 46 in the last 4 months! Covert alerts within 20-30 seconds and living on the property I can be on them in 3-5 minutes. Just killed a big boar Wednesday night while taking my son camping.

Spypoint Link Micro only sends immediate pics using 12V Battery system. Mine won’t do it with AA Lithium’s. They also recommend it in there setup. Have Spypoint, MoultrieMobile and Covert. Covert is the best and can take pics when I tell it too as I’m stalking.

How easy is it to set it up for a 12v ? I’m thinking of buying one this week .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      How easy is it to set it up for a 12v ? I’m thinking of buying one this week .
                      Don’t know. I just went with Lithium’s and put it on an area that doesn’t see a whole lot of activity. Use the Coverts for immediate areas.

Comment

I do. Set up a spy point on a feeder in a big open bottom on our place. The feeder is right in the middle of the field and we kill the hell out of them with thermals

Comment

Awesome folks...I know coverage matters but which covert y’all running, Verizon or att..I’m in Jacksonville ares

Comment

Oh helllll yeah I do !!

Spypoint Micro. No cell carrier, uploads to their App I downloaded from the App Store. Fun as fun can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
                              Awesome folks...I know coverage matters but which covert y’all running, Verizon or att..I’m in Jacksonville ares
                              Verizon

Covert Blackhawk LTE

Comment

Working...
                              X