Hill Country 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country 2017-2018

I figured I would start a Hill Country thread for those of use getting ready for the upcoming season. I am west of Fredericksburg a little bit out of town on a new lease. Excited to see what is to come and have worked a ton over the summer to get ready. What area are you hunting in? What do your prospects look like? Maybe if we get a following we can set up for a lunch or something during the season. Lets get it going!

Good luck to all

After a certain sheep this year

We don't usually start seeing deer or bucks on cam until next month so not entirely sure what whitetail there are to chase this year.

I am curious to see how one taller tine 8 did over the summer

Comment

Im 12 miles north of Mason on family land. Was out there today. The rain did us some good but need more

Comment

How are the acorns looking around your neck of the woods? At our place a couple of weeks ago they were already developed on the oaks, but the trees didn't seem to have a lot on them.

Comment

Havent even paid attention to them to be honest. Ive been so busy and this days off I went Friday and today and only had a few hours each trip so I was focused on other stuff

Comment

The past 2 or 3 years the acorns have been crazy.

Comment

I'll be hunting on our properties in Southeast Mason County. Looks to be a great year. Haven't had quite the amount of rain other parts of the county has received, but we are in good shape. I hope everyone has a successful year!

Comment

We have seen a ton of deer an ld blackbucks. Not a lot of bucks, but when I used to hunt there, not a lot of movement for bucks until mid-October then when it gets cold. We will see.

Comment

Who else? I know we have a ton of Hill Country hunters on here.

Comment

I hunt outside of Mason as well.

Was down there three weeks ago. Filled feeders and looked around. Everything was surprisingly green. Saw plenty of deer (which is pretty much the normal thing on our lease).

I didn't see any huge bucks. It was warm though when I was out and about so that didn't surprise me a lot.

Forgot my trail camera cards. I'll have to get those going next trip.

Comment

I got a new place one mile west of Junction pretty excited about the property we have seen lots of axis black buck hogs wt aoudad and some red stag so it should be a interesting season
                      Attached Files

Comment

We hunt just outside of Harper. We will be down there this weekend to do the last preseason feeder fill up and check the cameras and such.

-john

Comment

I hunt just north of Llano in Cherokee, and heading out there this wknd to work on feeders and knock down a few dove. Last year the acorns kept the deer away from the feeders until late in the season so will definitely will be checking on the acorn crop this wknd.

Comment

We hunt between San Saba and Brady, a little north of Richland Springs. I went out 3 weeks ago and filled feeders. Going to take my camper down on Friday Sept. 1 and get it set up. May even shoot at a few doves if they are flying. Our country is incredibly lush and green this year. Mosquitos are thick and I'm sure the chiggers and ticks will be doing their thing because of all the moisture. I'm anxious to see what the cameras show. One thing is for certain. There will be pigs. Pretty sure we will put the hurtin on a few porkers this coming weekend. Man I love shooting pigs with a bow.

Comment

Red oaks in Kingsland are covered up. Not may in the live oaks this year, but they dumped tons last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X