6th annual W.O.R.P. TOUR IN P.O.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th annual W.O.R.P. TOUR IN P.O.C.

6th or 7th, can't remember W.O.R.P. (war on redheads and pintails)TOUR IN THE BEAUTIFUL PORT O'CONNOR TEXAS to be held the last weekend of duck season January 27&28th,however, some of us get down there the Thursday before...

The worp tour is a wonderful event that has brought tbhers from all over the state down for a fun filled weekend of duck hunting and story telling with new friends.

This year we will be taking a $50 deposit for all that are going to assure you a bed to sleep in. If you have a boat worthy of running in the bay please bring it. Let's make it happen. We currently have 3 places booked, one of which is already full, can get more if needed.

A couple of pics from last years event.

Hoping to get on the banded bird list myself this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang it....was really hoping WORP would be pushed earlier. Last weekend of season seems to end up being a redhead shoot. But oh well, I'm gonna try to get a few guys committed and I'll chime in if we're in!

Comment

Last year's fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all gonna run it earlier this year? IMO it's lots bettter earlier

Comment

Is the water any deeper earlier? Lmao, just picking.... the last weekend has been the tradition, think it's going to stay that way for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
              Dang it....was really hoping WORP would be pushed earlier. Last weekend of season seems to end up being a redhead shoot. But oh well, I'm gonna try to get a few guys committed and I'll chime in if we're in!
              We have talked about moving it earlier, but with deer season still going and the holidays it makes it rough... hey, I've shot 2 banded duck my entire life, both were pintails, both on the last weekend, both on the worp tour, and both about 45 yards apart just 2 different years lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tiny's taxiderm View Post
                Is the water any deeper earlier? Lmao, just picking.... the last weekend has been the tradition, think it's going to stay that way for now.

Only first timers ride with Glen - until he gets an airboat...

But he can grill some oysters and you will shoot birds!
                Attached Files

Comment

A little early to commit for me. But I had a blast last year. I'll talk to some of the other TBHr's here in college station and see if we can carpool. If I can't get my trailer fixed I can bring my boat down there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                    A little early to commit for me. But I had a blast last year. I'll talk to some of the other TBHr's here in college station and see if we can carpool. If I can't get my trailer fixed I can bring my boat down there too.

My wife thinks I should be committed!

Commitments and boats are key!

It's early enough to commit now and anything else that comes up should have been planned earlier...

Comment

In. Pretty sure Sid will be in with his airboat too.

Comment

lol.... my first and only WORP was 2 years ago. Stayed with Glen and hes a heck of a guy and can dang sure grill up some oysters, although within 15 minutes of meeting him we were stuck in a cut and I had a bloody nose from hitting the deck of his boat

Comment

The infamous first banded Pintail.

My banded pin tails life story

Comment

[emoji23] [emoji14] [emoji23] [emoji14] [emoji23] [emoji14] [emoji23] [emoji14] your day will come russ, but I'm sure I will have a few more before then [emoji23] [emoji14] [emoji14] [emoji23]

Comment

Well I'm shore gonna go for some bling this year! You and Pauly puttin us to shame!

Some things too think about bringing for the hunt:

Waders and warm camo jacket
                              12 GA Shotgun
                              Shells 3 or 3 1/2 inch #2s (I use 3inch #3's or #2s)
                              Warm clothes
                              Gun Oil
                              Soft gun case to carry gun to and from boat
                              Face mask
                              Ziplocks
                              Decoys if you have them (pintails, redheads, bluebill, widgeon, teal)
                              Toiletries
                              Valid Texas hunting License with migratory bird stamp
                              Federal Duck Stamp

Comment

Working...
                              X