Saunders Cable Slide Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saunders Cable Slide Question

My factory cable slide on my Diamond Black Ice broke the other day. I did some research and ordered a Saunders Hyper Glide. I got it installed today and took a few shots and everything seems okay. The only concern I have is that it pulls my cables about 1/4” closer to the rod. I never really paid a lot of attention to my cable angles, but now they seem extreme, especially where the string comes off of the front of the top cam. It does give me really nice fletching clearance but the angles from the top cam are a lot more. I am attaching a few pictures. Will this cause me any issues going forward? Worried about the strings getting eaten up. My rod is not adjustable. Or will it be fine like this as long as it shoots good?

Don't worry about it if it is shooting well.

However, it will change the tune of the bow.

Bareshaft through paper will tell you where you are and where you need to go.

You can install an angled cable rod, or a bent one that you can adjust the clearance. There is a guy on At that sells aftermarket rods, coolhandluke, he will build you one to your specs.

Of course you can leave it as is and either move the rest or shim the cams as well.

Comment

The Bearfoot archery aftermarket cable rod and the Saunders is a great combination, it will help negate some torque at full draw. I run this setup on my e35 and have been very, very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
        The Bearfoot archery aftermarket cable rod and the Saunders is a great combination, it will help negate some torque at full draw. I run this setup on my e35 and have been very, very pleased.

Do you know if you can still buy that aftermarket rod? I am not finding Bearfoot Archery anywhere online. Or maybe one like it?

Comment

Man he has a thread on AT that he works orders off of, that’s how I got mine. Check to see if you can find it, I will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            Don't worry about it if it is shooting well.

However, it will change the tune of the bow.

Bareshaft through paper will tell you where you are and where you need to go.

You can install an angled cable rod, or a bent one that you can adjust the clearance. There is a guy on At that sells aftermarket rods, coolhandluke, he will build you one to your specs.

Of course you can leave it as is and either move the rest or shim the cams as well.

Agree- added one to a Diamond Deploy. Just had to tune the rest a little. Good upgrade for the money.

Comment

i have the saunders and a roller guard from pse, the roller guard ate my strings up. i now have a saunders on my main and backup and keep a spare. they work really well on the newer flex cable glides by pse.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread. I just picked up a hyper glide from the shop and was wondering about the cable position on my Elite XLR. I’m going to look into the custom rod.

Comment

I’m not a fan of the Saunders slide. I like a good simple Teflon slide. Keep in mind, that good engineers designed this bow, and it will shoot well without the “Archery Talk” fixall gadgets. There are a lot of “tweakers” that think they know more than the engineers on Archery Talk, and on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X