No announcement yet.

Florida school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think it’s been said yet. But wanna know a sad fact...

We keep prisoners safer than we do our children... when’s the last time someone successfully attacked a prison or jail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post

We keep prisoners safer than we do our children... when’s the last time someone successfully attacked a prison or jail?

I never looked at it from that view point.

Comment

Prayers for all. Time to make an example of what will happen to people that do this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          I never looked at it from that view point.
          Because it's a ridiculous comparison.

Comment

I will reply again on this. One of the first one happened at Murchison Junior high in Northwest Austin at Murchison Junior high in the 70's. Its been happening for a long time but it makes the shooters more famous today. So they go for it which is horrible. Just horrible to say who they are in my opininion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post

Hard to say this without being confrontational but that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Prisons are fortified to keep people in, keeping people out is an unrelated issue.

You want to surround our schools with razor wire and guard towers? We live in a free society and that makes us vulnerable to certain kinds of evil. The alternative is worse, giving up freedom for security almost always results in tyranny.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                Hard to say this without being confrontational but that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Prisons are fortified to keep people in, keeping people out is an unrelated issue.

You want to surround our schools with razor wire and guard towers? We live in a free society and that makes us vulnerable to certain kinds of evil. The alternative is worse, giving up freedom for security almost always results in tyranny.
                Bingo. Plus, prisoners would make a poor target if you are a sicko out to make a name for yourself and cause shock/panic. The overall attitude would be "dang that sucks, oh well".

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post

s

Armed and trained teachers could have possibly stopped this before it got as bad as it did. Not in anyway giving up your freedoms.

Comment

Sad situation...

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      s

Armed and trained teachers could have possibly stopped this before it got as bad as it did. Not in anyway giving up your freedoms.
                      Schools need to do what many Churches are already doing.. Armed security..
                      Armed security that is not afraid to agressively engage when it's time to do so..

Enough of this crap is enough!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Schools need to do what many Churches are already doing.. Armed security..
                        Armed security that is not afraid to agressively engage when it's time to do so..

Enough of this crap is enough!!!!!
                        I've asked our school and city officials why we don't have armed officers at our schools. And their response is can't afford it. Total bull****. There is more dang waste in school payroll and Cnty and city payroll to have multiple officers at each campus.

Comment

The fact this person had a weapon is an adults fault. Someone left it available, sold it to him, didn't secure it properly. These kids shouldn't have free access to firearms. If it was the parents then yes, they should be charged.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            I've asked our school and city officials why we don't have armed officers at our schools. And their response is can't afford it. Total bull****. There is more dang waste in school payroll and Cnty and city payroll to have multiple officers at each campus.
                            TRUTH! Armed and trained teachers and Admin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              s

Agreed, no need to turn every public place into a fortified prison. Allow the willing to protect themselves and those around them.

Comment

Very sad.

My heart is aching for the victims and their loved ones.

Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X