Split limb technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split limb technology

What's up with the split limb technology?

I tried a PSE, don't remember the model name, and this thing was loud.

A year later Mathews came out with the Creed and now Creed 2.0

It just doesn't appeal to me.

they look cool, especially wwaayy preloaded, but i prefer solid limb..

Comment

PSE is a very aggresive split limb system and may not have been set up correctly. But split limbs have been around for quite some time. IMHO split vs solid limb is highly preferenced based and they are a ton of great bows in both styles. I dont believe either to be any less reliable than the others, i have shot both and never had issues. Hoyt is a split limb only company and they make some great bows. Mathews has also used split limbs on all their monster bows, and they have also been proven in the field. Try a hoyt out as well as a creed or chill. Will be a much diff feel than the PSE.

Comment

If a newer PSE is tuned its not loud

Comment

Try the center pivot split limb by bowtech. Either the invasion or the experience are dynamite bows and both are really quiet...experience is absolutely dead in the hands too. I have the insanity too but it is a little louder...not much but it is noticeable. Cheers!
          Fred

Comment

this is not new technology. Split limbs were available on a TSS Quadraflex in the early 90's. If the bow is tuned, no additional noise over a solid limb bow in my experience.

Comment

you can get more pre-load on a split limb set and and also get the limbs beyond parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                What's up with the split limb technology?

I tried a PSE, don't remember the model name, and this thing was loud.

A year later Mathews came out with the Creed and now Creed 2.0

It just doesn't appeal to me.
                I shot all three new Mathews last year and ended up with the Helim due to how the Helim "felt". The Creed and the Chill shot really, really great but I didn't particularly like the width of the two new ones. Overall weight was a factor as well.
                Last edited by glpoe1; 11-12-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Split limbs work, and decrease weight, which creates appeal to manufacturers

Comment

Working...
                  X