Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    I hope they go bankrupt.
    I believe every company is entitled to do what they want, but sometimes it’s best to keep your mouth shut. By pandering to this db they have alienated the majority of folks who think there are other ways to protest instead of kneeling during the National Anthem. Eff em!
    This was a calculated move.
    Don't you think they counted the number of TBH members who have never bought anything from them and now won't even think about buying anything from them in their decision?

REI and D ick's did the same thing.
    I can only imagine what the 50s/60s were like when certain companies were opening their businesses open to blacks before it was legally mandated to do so but the " conservatives' of the time were hoping those companies would go bankrupt for doing such a non conservative thing.
    In 1955 you wouldn't be a conservative if you served blacks at your lunch counter or allowed them to sleep in your hotel.

Not sure how many of TBH would be ok with going on record of saying they agree with that.

Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      Don't you think they counted the number of TBH members who have never bought anything from them and now won't even think about buying anything from them in their decision?

I can only imagine what the 50s/60s were like when certain companies were opening their businesses open to blacks before it was legally mandated to do so but the " conservatives' of the time were hoping those companies would go bankrupt for doing such a non conservative thing.
      In 1955 you wouldn't be a conservative if you served blacks at your lunch counter or allowed them to sleep in your hotel.

Not sure how many of TBH would be ok with going on record of saying they agree with that.

Any takers?
      WW

Comment

Any takers?
        Lets get one thing straight, this whole kneeling thing ain't about what's best for Blacks, because if Black lives was really the protesters main concern, they would focus their energy on the >95% of African Americans that are murdered by other African Americans.

Comment

Any takers?

Finally one thing we agree on...you have an imagination.

You failure to continue to grasp the context of the issue...

Comment

Never will I buy a NIKE product or anything with that stupid check mark on it.
            Why should I spend five times as much when I can buy something just as good for less.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              My Grandfather served in the Army during WW2, and my Dad served as a Marine. They both don’t see it as disrespectful. They don’t agree with it, but they understand it’s his right that they fought for. (Grandfather passed last October)

The Army Ranger that suggested the protest didn’t find it disrespectful either.

I bet law enforcement found Kaep’s socks pretty “disrespectful”. NIKE didn’t seem to have a problem with it when worn with their shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not Kapernick, its the slogan.

Comment

Any takers?

What the he$$ are you talking about?
                  If you didn’t serve blacks in 1955 you would be called a racist! It has nothing to do with conservatism. Were there conservative racists? Yes there were but there were a lot of conservatives that didn’t agree and that’s why laws were changed!!
                  Good god man get a clue!
                  FYI - dicks is feeling some pain from their ridiculous moves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    How many 50 year olds are buying Nike shoes and apparel?
                    How many 50 year olds have kids...that they won’t be buying Nike stuff for after this? That’s the question. Nike is pandering to a younger customer (high school kids, broke college age kids). Those markets don’t have the purchasing power of the older customer base. I won’t be buying Nike anything for my kids because of this, whether Nike’s intent is to market to them or not. I still control the purchasing in my house. And I won’t be buying Nike

Comment

Any takers?
                      What the hell are you talking about? Obviously, you don't realize that it was the Republican Party that was pushing for integration. It was the democrats who were fighting it, and voting it down. Now, LBJ flipped the script, and made his famous statement.

Fact is, the democrats are trying to use the exact same tactic right now with illegal immigrants. In their mind, they'll "have the illegal immigrants voting democrat for the next 200 years."

Comment

I'm done with Nike. Easy move for me and my household.

Comment

Comment

Just a friendly PSA for those who are pro Nike boycott...you'll have to excuse yourself from buying Converse or Hurley products as well b/c Nike owns them.

Comment

Both Puma and Adidas were reportedly hoping to sign Colin Kaepernick to an endorsement deal before his blockbuster campaign with Nike.

Then there is Adidas and Puma as well ...

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                                Just a friendly PSA for those who are pro Nike boycott...you'll have to excuse yourself from buying Converse or Hurley products as well b/c Nike owns them.
                                Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Working...
                                X