• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to beat Crown. Also Gentleman Jack is smooth

Scotch Balvenie is top notch

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      Is that really a decanter? Not trying to be a smart arse, legit question. I have two of those things in the cabinet and I bet neither was cheap as they are from fine crystal makers. Never used them but thought they would look cool sitting out with cognac or scotch in them.

We have some actual decanters for wine that have narrow necks and very wide bottoms so the wine is aerated as you pour it in. Is that display glass also called a decanter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes it is. Whiskey decanters are more for aesthetic purposes where wine decanters are used to change the flavor of wine by oxygenation.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        Is that really a decanter? Not trying to be a smart arse, legit question. I have two of those things in the cabinet and I bet neither was cheap as they are from fine crystal makers. Never used them but thought they would look cool sitting out with cognac or scotch in them.

We have some actual decanters for wine that have narrow necks and very wide bottoms so the wine is aerated as you pour it in. Is that display glass also called a decanter?

You can let whiskey breathe just like you do wine but it's not a good idea to do it in fine crystal as most contain lead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Willett rye. Darn good with lots of flavor. My new favorite for using in mixed drinks. Picked it up at Spec's.
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally finished the bottle of basil Hayden's....Have to say it's not for me. Even as a mixer i didn't like it much and I'm not too picky on whiskey when mixing. My go to cheap mixer I'll do 1835, even Evan Williams by the handle for if it's a guys weekend and i know theyyl drink all my stuff

For sippers per this thread I've tried eagle rare which is really liked as well as angels envy that i also enjoyed. Eagle rare prob my favorite so far for a straight drink.

I enjoy whiskey like beer as in i like to try different stuff. I think i've tried about 1/3 of what I've read so far besides the really high end ones which is like to pick one up from time to time and hide away

Looking forward to trying a few next

Comment

Blanton's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                Blanton's

Where did you find the blantons?

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                  Where did you find the blantons?
                  What Blanton's? [emoji41]

Comment

Have a friend that got some as a gift and he shared.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                      Blanton's

That bottle looks familiar.

Comment

Back in December I told this small local store to let me know if they got some TX Bourbon in. Today the guy called me and said TX just delivered some in small numbers to the Houston area. He got 3 bottles in at the store and put my name on one.

Comment

Grilling steaks tomorrow night for my bro's 50th. I'm gonna present him a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel along with a really nice cigar. Hoping he opens it on the spot

Comment

http://www.bourbonpursuit.com/ Episode 89 with Bernie Lubbers. A great in depth and concise lesson on learning how to read a label when buying a quality Bourbon.

"Blended whiskey is nothing but flavored and dyed Everclear" lol.

#staybonded. Buy Bottle in Bond

Comment

Willett Rye

Good info there.
                              Last edited by Slow-n-steady; 03-10-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I got in trouble!
                                I found 3 bottles of Blanton's a couple weeks ago.
                                Wife found the receipt [emoji20]

Comment

Working...
                                X